Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of the new "lude" I have had it for almost 2 weeks and I have not had time/weather co-operation to get some pics. These ones are still not the best, and I will likely post some more good ones when I get a chance to get out and take some...
the car is a 2000 prelude(non sh) with 40,000 kms on it :thumb: and it is clean, really clean. just thought that I would share
I think that I included a couple of the pics I really hate the snow...

Here are some more pics of the car I took them this morning, looks better in the daylight...I still love my car... :thumb:

Oh yeah I am taking the TYPE R sticker off of it very soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My new prelude (Pics)

"Why is your yard all white"

Oh sure rub it in...that is where I am moving to, taken two weeks ago :thumbd: ...the dark ones are from tonight in Windsor...no snow, I am going to miss that...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

Nice. When they first came out, it took a while for the new look to grow on me, but I've liked it ever since.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I was the same way...I have really only wanted one for about 5-6 years...around 1998(second year of that style) and before that I could not afford the insurance on one(or anything for that matter) I guess getting old has its advantages

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

I always thought the Lude was a cool car, just underpowered. I would try and shoehorn a Nissan motor in that sucker, like a RB26DETT out of a Skyline...now we're talkin.

Dano

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

underpowered, jeez, 200 hp is not enough? that is what I thought too. Maybe when I get some cash I will be able to add a bit of power to it? lots in mind it is just that the bike takes priority...mind you one of these would be funYIPPEE maybe down the road? who knows?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

Very nice!! Really love the last generation of the Prelude, sad to see them go. :crap:

Looks like you're going to drive it through the winter, have you had it sparyed by Krown rust control? :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

yep I just got it undercoated at zeibart last week...they put a ton of goo in to it, it is going to be a real treat to clean in the spring...I hate the salt and snow that we get up here, really does a number on your car.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts

200hp...every prelude I ever test drove felt "boggy" kinda gutless. Maybe I was not in the powerband. I really like the car though :thumb: Yours look real nice. Hope its a stick.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

If you weren't driving at over 5500rpm you were not in the power band...everyone should experiance v-tec once in theire life...not that I drive like that very often, but it does go if you want it to. It is a five speed so that helps quite a bit, and makes it a lot more fun to drive.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts

Northern RR said:
If you weren't driving at over 5500rpm you were not in the power band...everyone should experiance v-tec once in theire life...not that I drive like that very often, but it does go if you want it to. It is a five speed so that helps quite a bit, and makes it a lot more fun to drive.
I used to own an ITR bought new in 2001 so I KNOW v-tec
:smilebig:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No wonder the lude felt boggy compaired to that... :eek: whats the redline like 9000rpm? That is one of my favourite cars...Isnt v-tec great :D .

·
Registered
799 Posts
Northern RR said:
Oh yeah I am taking the TYPE R sticker off of it very soon.
Good man, I was just about to comment. Very nice car, I have always wanted one of those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts