Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Very nice, Bill.

I've done the 'save and enlarge' trick so I can see and understand what sort of works you will be doing. I guess some case polishing and bolt replacements will be part of the task. All in all, it appears a great starting point, and for some would represent a bike for which nothing needs doing.

Like you, I have never been a rap for the Repsols because some seem overdone. I do not mind the 06 - 07 because it has more black (deep blue!) on it than the others so isn't quite so garish. I guess I should get myself a project instead of just Mr Sheening new bikes!! Still have a hankering for a VFR or RVF 400, but not one of the crap 'barn finds' that unscrupulous dealers are bringing in from Japan with 50,000 fewer kilometres than they should have!! :) .

Can't wait for your project thread!! Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, Bill.

I've done the 'save and enlarge' trick so I can see and understand what sort of works you will be doing. I guess some case polishing and bolt replacements will be part of the task. All in all, it appears a great starting point, and for some would represent a bike for which nothing needs doing.

Like you, I have never been a rap for the Repsols because some seem overdone. I do not mind the 06 - 07 because it has more black (deep blue!) on it than the others so isn't quite so garish. I guess I should get myself a project instead of just Mr Sheening new bikes!! Still have a hankering for a VFR or RVF 400, but not one of the crap 'barn finds' that unscrupulous dealers are bringing in from Japan with 50,000 fewer kilometres than they should have!! :) .

Can't wait for your project thread!! Cheers!!
Not a bad find for £1300, but lets see whats underneath o_O

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Started on it today, took the plastics of (Chinese with the glued on mounts) most of the mounts were broken, took the frame sliders off, half expected them to be solid but they came out alright, bit of rubbish wiring (household connector), will eventually swap the exhaust for Stock

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They could have them for free, they're not worth a damn , was just going to skip them ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts