Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
showmethebombs said:
Probably Pete is the only one that will like these shots! ;)

Him and those who own stock in oil companies.....

:evilaugh:
Congratulations,SMTB

We should get you a T-shirt:

" I asked for a Hummer and all I got was this lousy truck. "

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
abtech said:
Wow!

Nice ride. Interesting time to get it though, has the work scenario changed recently?

Things have changed in a larger way than we thought they would have! As you know Kelli has a killer job now, and has the "leave" even taken care of!! I have been working on new projects at work I like, so things seem to be going well. My father and I have made a business deal as well, and it looks like I am going to be getting into some land development in this area. I probably will have a bike again soon, but not this year...the baby is the #1 now. We are putting our extra money into the house for the baby room, siding, etc... I wanted to get something that would not roll over so easy this time! ;)

So the big question that everyone is wondering about...13.5MPG avg.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Nice looking but give me an old military version sold at government auction any day.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
showmethebombs said:
I wanted to get something that would not roll over so easy this time! ;)
Don't be so sure about that. My daughter's friend rolled one a couple months ago while driving on the highway. Sadly, killing her passenger. :down:

Not trying to rain on your parade SMTB...just keep it safe. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll be the first to tell you I'm a Humer hater. People have different taste and I'm not saying mine is the best. Anyways to get to my point why I was writing this post. Where are you basing your statement about the H2 not being a vehicle that is likely to rollover? While I haven't seen hard data I tried to look through the National Highway Traffic Administration there were no rollover or crash test done on the Hummer. That being said the only thing I have to go by is a local guy rolled his H2 killing 4 of the 5 occupants in it. The older Humers look like the CG is a lot lower than the newer H2s. Any vehicle that you do off-roading with regardless of the make I suggest you spend a few extra dollars and get a roll cage.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ibAdam said:
Where are you basing your statement about the H2 not being a vehicle that is likely to rollover?
My old truck below, ice, snow going 45 on a highway, hit cliff top first.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35106

See this thread for more information. PS: It is ok if you hate it with a passion. Many people do. I would have to say for each 10 people that like it, I find one that hates it more than anything in the world. I really like it, so I bought it!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red Rider said:
Not trying to rain on your parade SMTB...just keep it safe. :)
Sorry to hear that RR, I am sure anything will roll, and I mean anything. I do not drive mine like an indy car, and I am not saying the people you knew were...but ever since I rolled the taco, I have a different look on life. And I was not even messing around when I lost the tacoma, thank god I was alone.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts