Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Good for him, sounds like a great man. :thumb: The world could use more people willing to give to their communities.

·
Super Moderator
14,704 Posts
How nice is that! :clap: :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's something he's been working toward for a very long time now.
No idea what he'll do when he gets it finished though :)

·
Super Moderator
14,704 Posts
It's something he's been working toward for a very long time now.
No idea what he'll do when he gets it finished though :)
You're just so lucky to still have the old fella around Larry. I miss my old man heaps.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Awesome :clap: just awesome

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Definitely a talented and kind-hearted man. I would be very proud to have a piece of his work hanging in my living room, unfortunately I'm not an Aussie lol. I wish him the best of luck fulfilling his dream!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Those are amazing. Can you post some more pics of his art? The horse one is so beautiful.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are amazing. Can you post some more pics of his art? The horse one is so beautiful.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

I'll have a look and see what I can find, otherwise I'll have to take some more up to date shots.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Very nice story. It's a virtue to be able to be proud of your parents. I feel that way about mine as well. Good health and many more years to your Dad :") Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, found a few old pics on my drives.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Looks like one of those is a portrait of you? The fifth one? :rotfl:
Your dad has some real talent. I've always envied artists who are that good and can make something that's really called art. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like one of those is a portrait of you? The fifth one? :rotfl:

Well spotted ;-)
The fourth one is me :)
He's got another one of me when I was about twelve or so, I'll see if I can dig up a pic of it. Was one of a three-set he did of himself, my brother and myself in the seventies.
I would say most of his work is portraiture, particularly his early stuff. He did many, many portraits for celebrities in England after the war.
The Harley one was a mechanic at a Harley dealer here, probably from the early nineties.
One of his favorites was a large mural he did on a wall in a pub in Barrow-in-Furness just after the war, but we found out that the building was demolished some years ago and we believe it wasn't saved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts