Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my photoshop test/project due in about a week. I found a picture that I thought I'd try to duplicate as well as add some stuff to it later.

It's not done yet. Not even close, really...whaddya think?

Facesmall.jpg is what I started with and facemergesmall is where I'm at so far.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
I have my photoshop test/project due in about a week. I found a picture that I thought I'd try to duplicate as well as add some stuff to it later.

It's not done yet. Not even close, really...whaddya think?

Facesmall.jpg is what I started with and facemergesmall is where I'm at so far.
other than the LARGE design on the face, I LIKE it. The design is out of porportion IMO.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good work for a Rookie NH. :smilebig:

You can use the gausian blur to get rid of the lines in her chin. Copy and paste a cutout of her jaw in a new layer on top and gausian blur it a bit. Then adjust the transparency of the blurred layer till the overall image looks better.

There is also a dodge and burn tool that will lighten spots and lines. (it looks like a black lollypop in the toolbar)

Check out this site for some photoshop tips: http://www.handson.nu/

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
figment said:
other than the LARGE design on the face, I LIKE it. The design is out of porportion IMO.

Not when you figure that it will be duplicated on the other side...as well as some over the eyebrow area. Hopefully it will be blended a bit better when I'm done. :idunno:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grafixman said:
Good work for a Rookie NH. :smilebig:

You can use the gausian blur to get rid of the lines in her chin. Copy and paste a cutout of her jaw in a new layer on top and gausian blur it a bit. Then adjust the transparency of the blurred layer till the overall image looks better.

There is also a dodge and burn tool that will lighten spots and lines. (it looks like a black lollypop in the toolbar)

Check out this site for some photoshop tips: http://www.handson.nu/

Thanks! :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think the overall picture is nice, but a little too green for my liking (not natural enough). Also, the nose doesn't seem right, too cartoonish, in the sense that the bridge of the nose has essentially disappeared.

As judged based on artistic merit, it's very nice. Technically, it's a good piece, but from a humanistic POV, it seems off, like a little too fake, if you know what I mean.

If you're going for that effect, great.

...too bad I'm not grading you, I"m easily impressed.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
asiliat said:
I think the overall picture is nice, but a little too green for my liking (not natural enough). Also, the nose doesn't seem right, too cartoonish, in the sense that the bridge of the nose has essentially disappeared.

As judged based on artistic merit, it's very nice. Technically, it's a good piece, but from a humanistic POV, it seems off, like a little too fake, if you know what I mean.

If you're going for that effect, great.

...too bad I'm not grading you, I"m easily impressed.
I'm not going for natural. :) The end hue will be very desaturated with a light purple tint. Think elf/alien/not natural human face. Those designs will end up being PART of the face not just designs or tattoos.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The design looks like a snail. :)

Considering it doesn't have to look exactly like the original, it looks great. Are you using a drawing pad or is this just freehand with a mouse? Pretty damn impressive to me if it's just a mouse.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
firedawgon929 said:
The design looks like a snail. :)

Considering it doesn't have to look exactly like the original, it looks great. Are you using a drawing pad or is this just freehand with a mouse? Pretty damn impressive to me if it's just a mouse.
A mouse...the designs I'm using are actually off of buildings..decorative archways and thingamabobs...cut and paste, transform, blend and all that happiness. I'm not actually drawing that stuff.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
looks VERY nice NH. I love the color of the eyes.

can you add a little nose hair though :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
maxib said:
:thrdjack:
grafixman, is that your clavicle? :eek:
Yep, I am lucky enough to have broken both of mine. That is the left one which I broke last August out at the sand dunes.

maxib said:
Copycat :) Did they have to screw that sucker together like mine?
Nah, screws are for plywood and guys named Miguel. :D

They said they could pin it if I wanted to go that route, but didn't think it was necisary so I decided against it. Looking back I probably should have but I hate hospitals and do not wan't go thru another operation unless I absolutely have to. :thumbd:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bubba said:
looks VERY nice NH. I love the color of the eyes.

can you add a little nose hair though :D

I'm sure I could...but I'm not going to. :nono: :D

Hey Grafixman, How the hell do you use Layer Mask with a selection? Can't seem to make it do anything. :huh:

·
Registered
226 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
Hey Grafixman, How the hell do you use Layer Mask with a selection? Can't seem to make it do anything. :huh:
Masks take a little practice to get used to. Click F1 when you have the Photoshop open. The help feature will come up in a new browser and you can click the "search" button. Mask will will bring up some nice tutorials for you. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In case you're wondering about "the gratuitous text layer" thing... One of the prerequisites of the test was that we had some sort of text layer. I was just being a wise-ass. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts