Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Stopped for traffic at a light at the end of a long Interstate off ramp in Bolton,Ct
Thought I was hit by an RPG, nope, just a soccer mom not paying attention at 35MPH. Creamed the rear end of my 11 month old Camry XSE, pushing me into the barely damaged Forrester in front of me. Just me in the car, not injured, just EXTEMELY pissed off, depressed, and thankful that I wasn't on the 900, because the almighty Iandoohan would have been killed instantly.....

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Thank the engineers that developed and keep developing crumple zones!
The only crumple zone on our bikes is the tire and our bodies. Ouch.
And the docs put us back together with screws.

Hope it didn't rattle your cage too much. :p

You should have opened the door, slowly fall out, do the dead chicken and whisper 'oh my neck, whiplash'. :evilaugh: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Stupid bitch was probably on her phone facebooking. Yeah, if you were on your bike -> dead. I hope the insurance doesnt dick you around too much. Good to hear no injuries though. You probably should claim whiplash or something to cover the stress and hassle.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
I reckon that should buff out OK.
Glad you're alright Ian.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That sucks, glad you're o.k. Ian! :plus1:To what Jon said about crumple zones, I'm sure they saved you some pain. I know they did for my kid last year when another, you guessed it, inattentive woman, rear ended and totaled his Jetta on the fwy on his way to college. Hope it works out okay with the settlement.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Dam, thank God you're OK, how the hell would your projects have been completed if you were broken. I'm not down with insurance fraud but I would have seek medical attention with an accident that serious just in case I realized injuries later on. Good luck with your insurance claim and Epson salt bath will help with any sores you my feel.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't hurt Ian, even though you now have the pain in the ass of sorting out insurance etc.

Inattentive drivers really anger me, I suspect more "accidents" are caused by this than by people speeding, but of course one is easier to catch than the other.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
thank goodness you're not a Toyota mechanic... I can't imagine the (re)build thread and attention to detail the Camry would get... :hmm: I mean who polishes the inside of an oilpan anyways :idunno:

too soon? :smilebig:

like I said on the phone... glad all is well Amigo :cheers:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I'm glad you're okay Ian. Distracted driving is a huge problem.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't hurt Ian, even though you now have the pain in the ass of sorting out insurance etc.

Inattentive drivers really anger me, I suspect more "accidents" are caused by this than by people speeding, but of course one is easier to catch than the other.
Me too! You see it ALL the time around here, distracted drivers. :rant:

·
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:thumb: Thanks for all the well wishes guys! As most of you noted, it's time to get stroked by the insurance company. They've left messages for 2 days now, and every time I call back I get the voice mail. Why call me, when as soon as you hang up the phone you ignore my call back!!!!

Seriously, I can see this taking forever. :rockets:

No soreness, no issues (unfortunately;)), I was kinda hoping something would be bothering me:D. Kudos to the seatbelt and the duly noted crumple zones!:patriot:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Glad all is ok friend!!!!!......I am sick of watching drivers looking down at their phones on the road.....especially when I am on my bike staring at them at the stop lights and they still don't get it......not meant to sound sexist or ageist but it is normally younger females.....brutal:rant::rant:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
glad you are OK bud. a few whacks with a hammer and an insurance check will make the cage all better. got-ta love Toyota great safety ratings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:thumb: Thanks for all the well wishes guys! As most of you noted, it's time to get stroked by the insurance company. They've left messages for 2 days now, and every time I call back I get the voice mail.
Glad you were not hurt too bad. (Well not physically. Financially and inconvenience prices still pending)

There was a lady killed sitting at a stoplight in Milwaukee (Chicago?) a while back. Your experience and stories like the Milwaukee murder (well...manslaughter at least), are why I always park at lights way to the edge of the lane and hopefully in front of other stopped and massive vehicles.

I'm always an advocate of defensive riding (act like they _want_ to hit you and make sure they can't) but it isn't easy to dodge when you are sitting at a light.

Just curious, who are you dealing with for insurance? I may want to avoid that company. My local State Farm agent (cars) has always been right there for me and a few claims with Progressive (bikes) years ago went very smooth and convenient.

Heal mentally, financially, emotionally.
Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

·
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you were not hurt too bad. (Well not physically. Financially and inconvenience prices still pending)

There was a lady killed sitting at a stoplight in Milwaukee (Chicago?) a while back. Your experience and stories like the Milwaukee murder (well...manslaughter at least), are why I always park at lights way to the edge of the lane and hopefully in front of other stopped and massive vehicles.

I'm always an advocate of defensive riding (act like they _want_ to hit you and make sure they can't) but it isn't easy to dodge when you are sitting at a light.

Just curious, who are you dealing with for insurance? I may want to avoid that company. My local State Farm agent (cars) has always been right there for me and a few claims with Progressive (bikes) years ago went very smooth and convenient.

Heal mentally, financially, emotionally.
Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota
Her insurance is from Progressive. And the dealer said its not out of the realm of being repaired. Which took me by surprise, but in the cars defense it's only got 10k on it, 11 months old, and seemed to only take the hit in a desired location. No suspension, drivetrain, or engine damage. We'll wait and see, really could use a new Tacoma:eyebrows:

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I wouldn't want that back, it'll never be right. I rolled a week old Golf GTI 16V back in 1987, the insurance company insisted it was repaired, so it had a new body shell. The bloody thing was never right after that, it creaked, rattled and groaned, I had interior trim popping off where they'd use old broken fixings, the sunroof made a grinding noise when opened. Basically it was a piece of crap and should have been written off.

·
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wouldn't want that back, it'll never be right. I rolled a week old Golf GTI 16V back in 1987, the insurance company insisted it was repaired, so it had a new body shell. The bloody thing was never right after that, it creaked, rattled and groaned, I had interior trim popping off where they'd use old broken fixings, the sunroof made a grinding noise when opened. Basically it was a piece of crap and should have been written off.
I agree completely. Not to mention the amount of time from start to finish. I don't want to be waiting until August to get me car back, and it will solidify the fact that I won't be buying it back after the lease is up. And I'll demand same value as if it were never hit so I don't have to pay out once it's ended. I will be ever vigilant!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts