Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i bought my bike for dirt cheap in excellent running condition. The downside to buying cheap is i need to fix up the cosmetics, mounts, etc. I need to get this thing street legal again. It gonna be a bigger challenge than i thought

List of things i need:

Fairings (if i choose to buy new ones) Im selling the ones i have now. check in the for sale section if you want them.
Subframe- previous owner cut the metal bracket in the middle
Gauge mount- previous owner zip tied it...
Turn signals
Mirrors if i don't get new fairings
Muffler

Ill post pictures and videos

Video drive by: cbr900rr 95' test drive - YouTube

bike in its prime:

When i got it:

torn apart for rebuild and paint:

Tank primer'd. painting it deep orange:

If this thread turns out good I'll keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ill just keep posting by myself haha.

Sanding/polishing the clear coat tomorrow.

Ill hopefully be ordering a set of fairing within the next two weeks. Thinking of polishing the frame in the mean time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your design is off, design ends coming off the tank towards the seat is not same width on left from right, bad lines! were you in a hurry?? Anyway, go to dhgate.com, theres nice fairing packages with a tank COVER!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your design is off, design ends coming off the tank towards the seat is not same width on left from right, bad lines! were you in a hurry?? Anyway, go to dhgate.com, theres nice fairing packages with a tank COVER!
No. It was meant to be that way. No need for a tank cover..

·
Registered
7 Posts
like you messed up paint job with crooked lines and uneven design! im sorry but that tank design is horrible, at least keep the integrety for the name and pride of hayabua! that amatuer design looked like poncho did it down the street for a 6 pack of tecate! for gods sake dont turn it into a street fighter or stunt bike. If you do! its people like that that creates salvage title for mod unmatching numbers and incomplete making bikes and stunt accident prone insurance to total it swlvaging cause its not worth it to them to fix. tired of basket cases!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
like you messed up paint job with crooked lines and uneven design! im sorry but that tank design is horrible, at least keep the integrety for the name and pride of fireblade cbr at amatuer design looked like poncho did it down the street for a 6 pack of tecate! for gods sake dont turn it into a street fighter or stunt bike. If you do! its people like that that creates salvage title for mod unmatching numbers and incomplete making bikes and stu EE678955888CN nt accident prone insurance to total it swlvaging cause its not worth it to them to fix. tired of basket cases!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Updating. I know this build is nothing special or even good for that matter, but its fun just working on bikes. Im a computer guy, not a painter/fabricator/mechanic.

Made a rear seat mount (previous owner cut it off to change out tail).

Bought PIT-ECK fairings... when i got them half of the pieces were cracked/scratched. Id advise against buying from them.

Should have pretty much everything done within the next week if all goes well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts