Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

My Revzilla Experience.

12K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  NewbieDoo 
#1 ·
Ok..this is going to be a wall of words but I'll need to explain fully for the complete understanding to come across.

On June 21 around 8pm I ordered a front tire on Revzilla for my bike. The webpage was great...easy to order. The tire was shipped on June 25 being that was the first business day after my order.

The UPS tracking then took over and I watched it religiously because I needed this tire for my daily driver badly. UPS stated the delivery date was to be Thursday June 27th. No tire came. I waited a few days and when no tire showed up by Friday afternoon I called UPS to find out what the hold up was. The online tracking still showed the last update being June 25th the tire leaving PA...where Revzilla is located. UPS verified I was the correct person of delivery then proceeded to tell me I could not do anything because I didn't ship it.

So I called Revzilla only to find out they shut their phones down for "maintenance" on Friday afternoons. I left a voicemail with the story in hopes something could be done soon.

I will admit they are quick on their responses because an hour later I received an email from a "Mario" telling me they put a trace on the lost package.

So I waited a few days and had no response from either company by Wednesday July 3rd I decided to call Revzilla back. I was told the trace takes 8 business days. I told them I could not wait that long and wanted a refund of my money only to be told they could not refund my money until the package had been located. No employees I spoke to at Revzilla seemed at all apologectic about the situation and nothing was done to try and compensate me for my troubles. Not even an apology.

So July 8th at nearly 4pm my phone rings...it's Mario. UPS stated the tire was lost for sure. He wanted to know if I wanted them to ship another tire or if I wanted a refund. At first I was going to say sure ship me a new tire but then Mario tells me they can not ship it until UPS cuts them their refund check.

So I have to wait even longer because they want their compensation before sending the customer another tire.

Still no apologies...nothing offered to try and sway my thoughts towards good customer service...even though he knew about the horrible review I gave them at resellerratings.com.

I decided on the refund and will never use this company again. I understand it's not their fault UPS lost the tire...but their lack of care on the customers behalf just kills it for me. Not even a single apology after 2 weeks of waiting and then being asked to wait longer.

My review:

Ease of purchase: 10
Shipping: 0
Customer service: 0
Chance of me ordering from them again: :thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Since I'm new here I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way...

As someone who has worked for several stores and websites that ship often I can at least tell you that waiting for a trace to be complete is fairly standard practice in today's age (with a few exceptions from some of the massive online companies of course).

Years ago companies would just simply send a new item out and then get a check from their insurance later. The problem that came up though was often times the package would get found in a "lost and found" area of one of the shippers hubs and then they would deliver the item (fell off the conveyor belt, left on a pallet, whatever it was that caused it to get lost). The seller then ends up losing money because they sent a new item and the insurance doesn't come through because the second item was found and delivered. Once that happens there is no way for the shipper to get the funds back. Even if they try to file a charge back to the customer, the customer can easily fight that too (credit card companies always favor their customer, because that's who keeps them in business).

Fast forward a few years and many of the companies I worked for started offering a refund before the trace was complete. The same thing ended up happening though, where more than half the time the item was found and sent to the customer, who now has a free item and again the seller has no recourse..

On top of that, half the shipping companies suck at trying to find a lost package... if you've ever filed a trace with the post office or Fedex, have fun. They don't provide you any physical documents to file with your insurance claim. They often don't even call the person that was supposed to get the package to find out if it was even left at the right address. Many of you may have probably never had a package lost, but it happens more than any shipping carrier wants to admit. Think about how many packages are picked up every day and think about how many humans are involved during the transit of a package. Human's make mistakes and stick the package in the wrong sorting bin, or the label on the package comes off or gets scuffed up and can't be scanned..

While UPS isn't much better, at least they have an official trace program where the shipper gets a final document that they can submit with their insurance carrier. And for clarity, most of the medium and large size companies I worked for used an umbrella insurance policy via a third party rather than individual insurance on each package. So for them the process is similar to what we might experience when we file a claim on our home owners insurance for a burglary (ie, adjuster looks at paper work, does research on replacement cost etc, issues check afterwards). Thus, if all the paperwork doesn't add up no pay out.

In the end, we can blame all the people that have ever screwed over a company for how trace's are done now a days. Just like how our sport bike insurance is mega expensive because of idiots that do 150 down the highway and crash into someone... it sucks for all of us that are honest.

It sounds like RevZilla should have provided a better explanation of the process and offered their apologies. I've never used them but from what I read about them they seem to be pretty good, so maybe there was just a lack of communication or someone was having a bad day (or you had a new guy who didn't know what the fcuk he was doing).

Either way, I hope you got everything you needed to ride and have fun on the bike, that's all that matters in the end.

PS: I think you were right in asking for a refund or a replacement, but from someone who has been on the other side I at least wanted to offer how some of the companies I worked for handled stuff like this. I deal with computer parts, so i'm sure we probably have more people trying to screw us over anyway lol.. But in the end it sounds like RevZilla was always going to refund you or send a replacement and they were just trying to wait for UPS to finish up their trace..

#10 ·
so UPS lost the tire, and somehow revzilla is at fault? i don't get it.
If you read the entire wall of words you'll see I state I understand it's not Revzilla's fault that UPS lost the tire...but...

It was the lack of compassion or even flat out care about the customers feelings in this situation..in the 3 phone conversations I had with Customer Service not once did any of them even fake an apology...and being I'm in the sales field I know that even the words alone make a customer feel better to an extent.

NotSoFast said alot...from the other side it is a totally different situation...but on one aspect if the paperwork was messed up between Revzilla and UPS that isn't my fault yet I have to suffer as the customer because they want their insurance claim completed before sending me what I paid for...thats a real we care more about ourselves than we do the customer...

I was very patient and understanding for 2 weeks until the last 1 minute of the final conversation...when he stated he would be happy to send me another tire but I would have to wait longer because they could not send me tire until UPS cut them a check...thats when I said I want my money back now....that was really the last slap in the face.

In the end..yes I got the tire replaced at the local shop...paid $250 for an original Pilot Power installed....Revzilla was expediant with the refund...it showed up in 3 business days....they would have my business again if they only had feelings of some sort towards the customers side of things....but as it is I will stick to BikeBandit where I have never had trouble but will have to pay slightly more than Revzilla...

#11 ·
so, not their fault, but you're mad they didn't apologize? i still don't get it, seems like they perfectly upheld their side of the deal. sucks they didn't hold your hand and make you feel better about the mix up i guess, but still not really a slap in the face. i would understand a rant against UPS, but that's just me i guess.

#12 ·
so, not their fault, but you're mad they didn't apologize? i still don't get it, seems like they perfectly upheld their side of the deal. sucks they didn't hold your hand and make you feel better about the mix up i guess, but still not really a slap in the face. i would understand a rant against UPS, but that's just me i guess.

I think you are missing the point, the seller uses a company(UPS) to ship their product, this alone should make the seller feel some obligation to console the purchaser who has spent money on their product, although it is not Revzilla's fault they should have shown some compassion, but that is just me I guess.....

#16 ·
Your guess is right on the head Ox...thats it exactly...I felt like I didn't matter...like they didn't give a hoot whether I was pleased or not...Hell..Bikebandit was 1 day late on shipping my rainsuit I bought and they gave me $50 bandit bucks to compensate..I didn't even know they were late...lol..thats customer service...got me some spools with it :) Only reason I went with Revzilla is because they were so cheap on the tire I specifically wanted...my mistake.

and on a side note...yea a rant on UPS is in order...but how would that help the community? Knowledge of a possiblity of being treated like you don't matter is what forums readers needed in my own opinion...if I do attempt another website in the future I will be asking if they use UPS...that will be a big deciding factor in the future. Bikebandit uses United Postal Service...who knew they were better than UPS?? (shrug)

#26 ·
if I do attempt another website in the future I will be asking if they use UPS...that will be a big deciding factor in the future. Bikebandit uses United Postal Service...who knew they were better than UPS?? (shrug)

UPS absolutely sucks, costs you time and money. Packages arrive at their door instead of mine, and I have to waste my time going to get the damned thing - even though it cost more to ship than USPS.
USPS is cheap and simply arrives at my door, no paperwork, no screwing around.

#21 · (Edited)
Ok..Packman...lets think of it this way...I know it's quite the stretch in the ways of the analogy...but it really does fit...

You walk into McDonalds...you order a Big Mac...you wait 30 minutes...no Big Mac..you go to the counter and ask where your Big Mac is...Your told they don't know but will find out (UPS Trace)...You sit down and wait another 30 minutes...still no Big Mac...you return to the counter and again inquire about your food...you are then told the cook lost it.....would you like us to make you another one? No I want a refund you say....until we have the lost burger we cannot give you a refund...ok make me another one then...Well...we can't until the cook decides to pay for the burger he lost...

I know UPS is a third party and the cook is first party and all...but in a sense it fits...no one would be happy with that...especially if the person behind the counter didn't seem to care enough to say...put their Iphone down to talk to you...(IE: No apologies or empathy)

NotSoFast: As for emails..most of the correspondence happened over the phone...the only email I received on the matter is the initial one where Mario put a trace on the lost package...

Hi James,
We just got your voicemail and we went ahead and started a trace with UPS to see why the package hasn't moved in some time. UPS typically takes anywhere from 1-8 business days to get back to us about the investigation. If they find it right away it should deliver shortly, otherwise if for some reason it has been lost or damaged they can take a little longer to get a full description of what happened. Either way, we will contact you as soon as we hear from UPS about the status of the package. We have full insurance for the package so no matter what we will get this sorted for you.
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Best regards,
Mario
--
Mario Roehrs
RevZilla Motorsports, LLC
877-792-9455
Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla

This was when the problem truly wasn't even evident yet and the package was only 48 hours late...so it really doesn't say much....we were still on good terms at this time.

#30 ·
Hi James,
We just got your voicemail and we went ahead and started a trace with UPS to see why the package hasn't moved in some time. UPS typically takes anywhere from 1-8 business days to get back to us about the investigation. If they find it right away it should deliver shortly, otherwise if for some reason it has been lost or damaged they can take a little longer to get a full description of what happened. Either way, we will contact you as soon as we hear from UPS about the status of the package. We have full insurance for the package so no matter what we will get this sorted for you.
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Best regards,
Interesting.. the only thing I can think of at this point is that in their initial email, and when you called a few days later, two of their employee's mentioned that the timeframe for a UPS trace takes up to 8 business days (which is correct from my experience with UPS). since you called late on the 28th the 8th business day would have been july 11th (because of the 4th of july holiday)

Based on your first post it sounds like you were a new customer with them (correct me if I am wrong though)... If you called asking for a refund even after the trace process was explained they could have thought it was a scam attempt. I know for the computer parts its common for scam/fraudsters to say they didn't get it, demand a refund right away, and when the trace comes back it shows they got it... depending on how hard you tried to push they may have been trying to avoid sending or refunding until they were 100% sure what was going on with UPS...

I once got burned at an old company by a guy who was demanding we resend a part right away, and to try and show good service we did. he then said the second one didn't arrive and he was even more mad and demanded a refund. We ended up refunding him, but we had two packages that were lost according to him. So we filed traces on both. Both traces came back saying customer signed for them so we lost both packages, and had refunded him too with no recourse.. after that we never resent anything for a new customer and only issued a refund. That way they can re order if they aren't scamming us, and we don't end up losing a second item since there is a new transaction if they re-order (also makes charge backs easier to deal with)... maybe they just wanted to refund you because you were asking for that and they were worried it wasn't legit..

anyway, i think I've said about all that i know about shipping and traces and what not and who knows what scam and fraud looks like in the motorcycle industry (i don't want to keep speculating and assuming what they were thinking). RevZilla should have done more to compensate you for the trouble but they could have been weary about the whole situation.. at some point they do need to watch out for themselves otherwise they could lose too much money if it happens over and over, or get dropped by their insurance if they file too many claims..

sorry for all the trouble they put you through... Hopefully the new tire from your shop keeps you riding happy!

#23 ·
I am probably going to order a few things from revzilla, if I have the same experience as you I will be more than happy to confirm their customer service. I'll let you know how it goes. (hopefully this was a one-off incident)

#24 ·
I hope so too...to be honest thats why I held out so long was because of a long list of people who have used them with no problems...but I guess as long as UPS doesn't screw the pooch you never really have to deal with customer service and find out what I did.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.