Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah buddy! Despite putting ~8K miles on the oil (and 29K miles on the car; Mobil1 10W-30), numerous dyno runs (@1.3bar - 18/19psi boost), several Dragon/vicinity runs, numerous 0-60 runs, eight brutal autox runs, and hard driving in general, my WRX's internals are all fine

Blackstone labs sent me my oil analysis results, and found that everything's peachy. I could've even continued to use the oil that was in there

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
You did the $20 test on their site?

I think I'll send them the oil in my Mustang. I'm curious what they'll say. It basically sat in the crankcase for a year. It looks and smells fine.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvtolean : You did the $20 test on their site?

I think I'll send them the oil in my Mustang.  I'm curious what they'll say.  It basically sat in the crankcase for a year.  It looks and smells fine.
Uhh, yeah, plus the added solvent test. Of course, even though it would've been cheaper to do an oil change (which I did anyways), now I know how everything's working.

They do suggest that the engine be started, warmed up to operating temperature (20 minutes of driving), and that the sample be taken somewhere towards the middle of the oil (in other words, not in the first nor the last oil to drop out of the pan).

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stegen : Now what about your tranny?
No noticeable problems there. I'll be doing the 30K maintenance on it this weekend, which includes dropping tranny/diff fluid, and the magnetic bolts. I'll see just how much metal powder there is...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ND4SPDSHO : You probably already know this but make sure you change the filter in the tranny too
Ayy! Carramba! I forgot to send you pics

Uhh, tranny filter? Are you trying to stegenize me?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ratter1 : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ May 29 2003, 12:31pm)Uhh, tranny filter? Are you trying to stegenize me?
Not if you are running an auto
An auto? What's that?

Nope, sorry, hate to disappoint, mine's stick

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Of course it's running well. It's a Subaru. The bodies go long before the engine will.

I'm about to go in for my 72,000km service - it's a 2001. and still no problems other than a defunct knock sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts