Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the removal of my rear swingarm was a blast and felt this couldn't be any harder of a task for me to take on....

Here's my Second Busa work done by myself.... :D

Front Forks Removal... I jumped into this with great enthusiasm....
according to the Service Manual it looked quite simple... :wink:

And since I was teased about my work space before I decided to take a pic of my tools as they were layed out for use...

this time I was cramped for space with the two trucks still in the garage and put the space heater near me to warm things up a bit since I had forgotten to turn on the over head heat prior to starting LOL

and here is my baby up on the pitbull stand ready to go...

First step was to remove the brake calipers... which is good cuz I need to put my new brake pads on

here's both calipers off and one supported by a coke box - LOL wasn't sure how good it was to allow them to dangle...

next was to loosen the axel pinch bolts....

I did not have the stock busa tools so I had to rig up my own axel tool insert ... took a bolt and welded a nut on ... don't laugh I'm a sloppy welder...:( it's not pretty but it works

then I used my breaker bar that I had bought for the removal of the rear swing arm.... and pulled the dickens to loosen it up and remove the front axle...

now my tire was free to remove from the forks...

I then loosened the axel pinch bolts so I could remove the axel bolt's spacer nut ...

I put the axel and spacer nut back on the front wheel and set aside with the rear wheel ..

then I loosed the fork upper clamp bolts .... man these were way tigher than I expected.. was hard to use the lil allen wrenches on them.. would have been nice to have those large ones with the red handles ...

then I needed to remove the airducts so I could reach the lower fork clamp bolts with my ratchet...

discovered they were too close to use my new ratchet wrenches.... and there wasn't enough room for the ratchet and socket to fit with air duct on...

with air duct off ... loosening of the fork's lower clamp bolts were much easier... they too were tight but with the ratchet it made it alot easier for me to get a good grip on the large handle..

repeated process on both sides and walla.... the forks were now free from the bike... :D

now my baby really looks quite funny just hangin there missin half her parts LOL

now they are ready to ship off to get lowered... :thumb:

and I barely even got dirty

E.
this was another fun project... cant' wait to get all the stuff back to put back on.. in the mean time I just got my mothers polish in and will be cleaning and polishing her up

Attachments

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
and on your little tool that you welded up, pretty nice but you could have just tightened 2 nuts together on the end. and it would have been reversable. :D no big deal you're only gonna need it 1 more time when you put the wheel back on.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wanna come over and pull my forks?

so I can get them resprung and revalved. nothing perverted you clowns, I know you were thinking it.
sure... i had fun... :smilebig:

as for the 2 nuts.... I was worried they wouldnt' stay put with the amount of force that was gonna be on them to loosen that axle... :eek:

and actually I'll be using it alot .. since I'll be needing to change out that front tire and would rather take the wheel in and not the whole bike.... so I ain't payin someone else to do somethign i can do :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice job! If you have not sent them yet a padded gun case works well for shipping, just put some thing between the forks like styrofoam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts