Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a video on this epic motorcycle.

Expensive, couple of issues but an amazing machine and, my god, it is seriously rapid.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
. . . Expensive, couple of issues but an amazing machine and, my god, it is seriously rapid.
If the 'issues' include the clutch lever operation, that must be bad adjustment on that particular bike.

The front brake lever is adjustable, so that would reduce the 'reach' problem you mentioned.

Shame that the Dobles staff member isn't knowledgeable enough to know that the difference between the standard and the SP is just 'Brembos and Ohlins'. The SP also has the quickshifter - which the standard does not, and the SP also has the super light weight lithium battery - a feature not shared with the standard.

I've managed to find a pic of the bike with tail tidy and pillion peg delete. Gives it a much cleaner look.(y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, not even a quickshifter on a 20k bike!! Damn, that is not good.
Didn;t mention the battery once. This does make the SP look more appropriate but, still, 20K is a big psychological barrier for many.

The bike above just needs a small, no bracket needed, end can and would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Triumph's Rocket 3 GT is £20K and is walking out of dealer's doors.

I think Ducati might still be setting the heights with its V4. Isn't the full-spec model about £30K? :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember when 10 grand was the psychological barrier. Ducati helped me get over that.
That must have been a while ago!
There are still a few decent bikes below 10K but certainly not any high tech superbikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triumph's Rocket 3 GT is £20K and is walking out of dealer's doors.

I think Ducati might still be setting the heights with its V4. Isn't the full-spec model about £30K? :eek:
The V4R is a mad bike. I still think this RR-R SP will be better in most peoples hands on the track or road.

Rockets! I saw 3 of them at bike meets on Sunday. Impressive beasts. Not yet ridden one but will try and do a review on one next week as I am just on the cusp of doing some collaborations with Triumph UK.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
. . . Not yet ridden one but will try and do a review on one next week as I am just on the cusp of doing some collaborations with Triumph UK.
Good luck to you. I have found their customer service to be exceedingly abhorrent. Mr Simon Thrussell, Global Head of Customer Experience, failed to respond to my formal 'hard copy' letter requesting assistance, and I have since been totally messed around by a person signed as 'Pete' within a chain of emails to Triumph UK.

I do wonder that if I were buying, or had purchased, a Bloor Home I would receive similar non-courtesy? I guess with profits approaching £200 million, customers are easily dispensable.:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, interesting. I have not had any negatives when dealing with Triumph. I have bought one. Certainly the Jack Lilley franchise was excellent. For reaching bigwigs I would suggest LinkedIn.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
. . . For reaching bigwigs I would suggest LinkedIn.
Cheers for that.

A sure sign of aging AND that the world is stuffed if we have to turn to social media platforms to contact corporate hierarchy rather than rely on the formality of 'traditional' mail.

No wonder Kloe Kardashian doesn't reply to me!!:D(y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for that.

A sure sign of aging AND that the world is stuffed if we have to turn to social media platforms to contact corporate hierarchy rather than rely on the formality of 'traditional' mail.

No wonder Kloe Kardashian doesn't reply to me!!:D(y)
Yeah, this is the truth of the matter.
Emails are still the #1 ROI channel for marketers but seems like we are all pushed online these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts