Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. CT
  2. SC
  3. FL
  4. CO
  5. GA
CT and FL are just plain horrible. GA is just plain stupid. CO, none too bright but very friendly.

South Carolina, on the other hand...OMG...what a PITA they are to deal with. I now know why the North won the war. The only reason why SC isn't #1 on my list is the fact that I deal with CT far more often.

(yes, I had a bad DMV day today) :rant:
Rant over. Carry on.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I've found my DMV experience to be highly dependant on the office, and clerk, I goto.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
luvtolean said:
I've found my DMV experience to be highly dependant on the office, and clerk, I goto.
yeah same here. I've actually never had a problem at any of the ones I've been too while I've heard others have had bad stories. Mostly its the wait time but I've usually been in and out in maybe a half hour at most.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luvtolean said:
Most definately, but as a whole, Cali's not too bad. I just cleared up an issue with SC today that I've been dealing with for 2 weeks now. Major PITA.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Wow, we made the top 5 again in stupid people. :rotfl:

I Haven't been to the DMV since I got my motorcycle endorcement. I only renew and do address changes online anymore. I will agree, that place is a friggin' nightmare. It seems as if it's full of people trying to get a suspended license back and other similar dead beats. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I've never had issues with GA - well maybe a few, but they weren't that bad in my opinion. However I agree 100% that SC in a royal pain.

I moved to SC, stayed 1 year, and made a point to come back to GA. The entire State is screwed up. Insurance was higher for me for everything from auto to health. Taxes sucked. The auto tags were a pain. Driver's Lic. were a nightmare. Those idiots didn't place my Motorcycle endorsement on the Lic. I looked at them and asked and was told that everything was correct. When I moved back to GA I found that it wasn't correct and they gave me the wonderful opportunity to retake my exam - even though I've been riding for years.

Life is good.

Thanks for getting me started on a rant. I feel complete now.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you go to the DMV here and get your riding permit, then go back a week later and say you lost your license the new one they issue you has your MC endorsement. I have a friend that couldnt pass the test so he did it as well as many others I know of.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
MrX954 said:
If you go to the DMV here and get your riding permit, then go back a week later and say you lost your license the new one they issue you has your MC endorsement. I have a friend that couldnt pass the test so he did it as well as many others I know of.
:sless:

*note to self...no riding in ManchVegas or its vicinity.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I didnt ride with him often but when I did I maintained quite a lead on him and was always watching my mirrors. He wasnt into turning just wanted a bike to go hang out with all the other posers that stand next to their bikes at the local Dunkin Donuts and never ever ride. Then ended up trying to show off and wrecking his bike.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:sless:

*note to self...no riding in ManchVegas or its vicinity.
Nah its cool, you ride in the neighboring towns and never see any bikes, most of the riders in the area are just posers that like to say they own a bike as stated in my previous post.

·
Registered
887 Posts
well, I must say that my DMV experiences here in NC haven't been too bad....could've been better, but all in all, tolerable....I am originally from SC and I will agree that the whole damn state is stuck in a timewarp....I initially got my SCDL there and haven't had a DMV experience since....VA's DMVs suck pretty bad too.....but at least they're open on Saturdays......

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
NJ privatized theirs sometime in the past few years. I must say, it has improved. Switching the inspection equipment was a total debacle, but they eventually got it worked out. I've been to a couple of inspection stations, and they've all been pleasant. When I went to register a bike recently, the service was really good. I was pleasantly surprised. It used to be a nightmare and they were really nasty to you.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
MrX954 said:
3 letters for your friend MSF.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MrX954 said:
I'm fairly certain that was a glitch that has since been fixed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have personally dealt with both CT & FL as well as a few other state's that are not on the list. I can verify that CT DMV is the worst I've been to!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts