Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have 2000 Honda cbr 929rr. Sins i both it i only replace stater and voltage regelater. One day i drive it to work and it die on my. I have drop my bike before sins its my 1st bike i own. Now the problem is that my fuel pump will not prim or even turn on. I have volts coming it and that's it. So i tot it was my tilt sensor or one off my fuse or rely. My brother has same bike as me same year. So i tot i just relays mine with his and fine the problem. And i still cant fine the problem. I have replace my tilt/angel sensor all my relays my voltage regulator and even my ECU. And on his bike ever think works good. And my starter do spin and i don't have spark as well. Sorry for my English is bad not my 1st language. So is there something i need to do. Im going to see or make sure all my sensor get voltage but yee I be glad if you guys can help me or point me where to look. I do work on cars lot.. but when it comes to bike i have no idea what's wrong and it drive me crazy that i cant fine the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuel pump dose no prime. so i cant smell gas. No spark i did two think. 1st i toke coil and ground it and look if there is spark. Witch there is no, and 2st i open throttle and put some wd40 and i did not do and think so there where no spark. There is voltage coming to the coil and nothing happens. It was like all most 2v/ 1. somethink

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The fuel pump dose no prime. so i cant smell gas. No spark i did two think. 1st i toke coil and ground it and look if there is spark. Witch there is no, and 2st i open throttle and put some wd40 and i did not do and think so there where no spark. There is voltage coming to the coil and nothing happens. It was like all most 2v/ 1. somethink

WD40?
You need starter fluid or carby cleaner, not WD40.

Have you tried bypassing the kill switch?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Check for 9 (not 12) volts on the pink wire at the ignition switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay i test my ignition. By set me voltage meter on 20 vdc and i put my + to + on battery and took my - and i connect it to the back off my pink wire. And when ignition is off it reads 12. something voltage and when i turn my ignition on it drops to like 1v it jumping but its not even 9v and not even hiting 3v.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Put your meter to 20 volts. Put the black lead on the battery negative or ground and test the Pink wire with the red lead. It sould read 0 with key off and 9 with it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay i did just like you sad, and i was 10.62 when i turn my key on. Well then i quess when i get new ignition i post if it fix my problem

·
Registered
170 Posts
If the diode in your ignition is not dropping the voltage below the 9v all you need to do is go to radio shack and get a 2.2k resistor and wire it in line with the pink wire. No need to replace the ignition. It cost approximately 80 cents for a pack of 5. It happened to my bike, still running the resistor although it did stop working one time so I replaced it and it fired right up. Been like that for the last 5 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts