Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

I got my helicoil fitted to the spark plug hole- had to pull the head off in the end
But anyway, I've put it all back together except for a thin fuel line, it's joined to the tank overflow but I'd still like to find out where it's supposed to be attached.
There is a T piece in the line one end joins to the fuel tank, one end hangs out the bottom of the bike to drain the overflow and the 3rd line goes out to the right hand side fairing bracket and then back in to somewhere, but none of the pics in the manual seem to say exactly where, I'm thinking it's somewhere near the HTEV servo, but I don't know why it would- the bike runs fine with the hose loose but I'd rather get it all back as it should be, if anyone knows or have their bike in bits and could take a quick look it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben.

M

·
0 Posts
Funny you should post that question.  When I was installing my PClll I noticed that same hose and thought the very same thing.  But like you said the bike runs fine so I just left it.  

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I, too, asked that question. I found it hanging when I was hooking up my speedo recalibrator and I was afraid I had pulled it loose. I believe someone said it's an extra line that would hook up to something on the California model bikes, like some other pollution control thingie that's not on the non-CA models. So, you've got nothing to worry about, it just hangs there.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeup, as HG stated...the fuel vent line seperates at the T-fitting to go to an EVAP cannister on CA emission models. If it makes you feel better to loose the garbage you dont need, scrap the T-fitting and extra line...or just make sure its not being pinched if you leave it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for putting my mind at ease.

At least I didn't find somewhere to plug it onto after all then

Ben.

riding after 5 or so weeks off the blade is awesome! so much power, I was starting to think my old KTM was a real rocket, but it's all coming back into perspective

1 - 5 of 5 Posts