Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you have to do that for $55 what should we have to do in California for what we have to pay?:crap:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The article is wrong the reg fee for bikes is $31.50 not $10 thats still one hellva increase...

Im just tired...this state just keeps taken and nothing improves.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, Abate is fighting that. The mc registration increase is buried within a long bill...and it specifically targets motorcyclists, as no other type of vehicle is seeing that much of an increase. They figure they can get away with it because we're a minority population. Could you imaging the uproar if they tried to double car registrations? They hope it will quietly slip through, and they're probably right. Pisses me off. That and the fact that they are doing away with the free, state run MSF classes.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
ATTENTION NJ FOLKS:

We can fight this, probably successfully. Go to: ABATE of the Garden State - A New Jersey Motorcycle Alliance
Print out one of the letters and sign it, and MAIL IT, yes with a stamp, email will NOT cut it, to:
Steven E. Robertson
Director, Legal and Regulatory Affairs
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
225 East State Street
P.O. Box 162
Trenton, NJ 08666-0162

My letter is going in the mail tomorrow. DO IT NOW. We CAN make a difference. If this passes, my registration, for example, will go from ~$31 per year to well over a hundred bucks. Not acceptable. They are singling out motorcyclists by sticking this piece of legislation towards the end of a 20 page document, hoping it will just go through with the rest of the stuff. Don't let it happen.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Nah, I don't post there, so they wouldn't know who I was. If you could post the abate link over there that would be cool...that's a good idea, I think there's probably lots of NJ peeps there...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah, I don't post there, so they wouldn't know who I was. If you could post the abate link over there that would be cool...that's a good idea, I think there's probably lots of NJ peeps there...
Oh great! I get to deal with tri state:rolleyes: ...Well its for a good cause.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I posted abate links to a few sights and yahoo groups...I hope people get off their asses and make it to the mailbox

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HGT I hope you printed your letter on your good stationary..,It doesnt look like theres to much interest on the other sites.Maybe if they see our watermarked stationary theyll look at it before throwing it in the trash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts