Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Cool avatar....I think just about every rider has taken that snap while on the BRP....kind of a rite of passage

Mine is on the cover of last year's Aerostich catalog...

Edit:
Forget that dinosaur RC-FudgyOne motor...here's all the Cruiser you'll ever need...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baketech : Cool avatar....I think just about every rider has taken that snap while on the BRP....kind of a rite of passage

Mine is on the cover of last year's Aerostich catalog...
Yeah, it's an utterly cool shot from the best single day I've ever experienced on two wheels. Neat anecdote too, about your personal pic from that spot. Did you know they recently 'paved' the area around the sign with some sort of grouted stone, perhaps granite or limestone? Nicer photo-ops apparently.

So, what about that naked SP2, you thread jacking jackball!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Chain : So, what about that naked SP2, you thread jacking jackball!
It will be just like the 919......cool bike, but nobody will buy it...

Edit:
Note the lack of fancy tiles in front of the sign...I'm the good looking one on the left...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baketech : Quote (Chain @ June 25 2003, 9:19pm)So, what about that naked SP2, you thread jacking jackball!
It will be just like the 919......cool bike, but nobody will buy it...

Edit:
Note the lack of fancy tiles in front of the sign...I'm the good looking one on the left...
Perhaps they won't buy. Idiots.

Nice pic, Mr. One-Upper.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Heyy, I bought a 919. The 2003 came in and the dealer that I had been browsing at for a year and a half gave me a decent deal on it.

Glad I bought it, bein' my first bike and all. Had a 10 mph lowside the second day I had it, so it is a little scuffed up. It's good fun, beats traffic, runs a little hot (doesn't stay very cool unless I am running 50 mph, maybe it is too lean and I should get a PC3...), makes me appreciate what it would be like to be able to adjust the suspension (thinkin' about going to Hotlanta in the fall to take in a Schwantz School, even though they ride Suzukis). Probably wouldn't let my friends ride it because it is a handful when the throttle is closed (like an on/off switch = 10 mph low side on a cold, slick road). I'd never get to USE a CBR (F4i, much less a 954RR) around here. Makes a great commuter...

EDIT: The pics are cool, and given the fiddy-one's reputation for running hot and getting bad gas mileage, I am curious who will want that in what is basically for the commuter-bling set... Speaking of mileage, I recently go 179 miles on the tank when the light came on... fill up came to 3.6 gallons... read it and weep

·
Registered
289 Posts
ccwilli3 : [hIjAcking]
Spillover,

I was gonna inquire about fuel mileage on the 919... Is that typical?

[/hIjAcking]
CCW,

I was getting 150-155 between 3.5-3.6 gal fillups before I moved. Now that I can commute via the freeway (a whole 7 miles, I know, but now the trip takes ten minutes instead of 25), the miles have been creeping up. 179 is the best that I have gotten so far.

·
Registered
929 Posts
spillover : Speaking of mileage, I recently go 179 miles on the tank when the light came on... fill up came to 3.6 gallons... read it and weep
:dunno: I average 170-180 with a 4.1 gallon fill-up on my 929 with PC3R and full exhaust.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Why don't they just call it what it really is?
An updated SuperHawk. Had the SuperHawk had this engine and chassis when it was released, it would have sold like free beer. And when this new SuperHawk hits dealers it still will.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Serial Thriller : Chain, what's your definition of 'cruiser'? I think of a cruiser as a VTX, Shadow, etc.
Hrmph. My definition of a cruiser is beginning to look more and more like a 2002 CBR954RR in monochrome black, sliver and gray. Details to come in the next couple of days...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Chain : Hrmph. My definition of a cruiser is beginning to look more and more like a 2002 CBR954RR in monochrome black, sliver and gray. Details to come in the next couple of days...
Alrighty.
BTW, black, silver, and gray isn't exactly monochrome.

BDA116, I agree. This is what the Superhawk should be.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Serial Thriller : Quote (Chain @ June 26 2003, 1:57pm)Hrmph. My definition of a cruiser is beginning to look more and more like a 2002 CBR954RR in monochrome black, sliver and gray. Details to come in the next couple of days...
Alrighty.
BTW, black, silver, and gray isn't exactly monochrome.
Hey, just let me live in my own little fantasy land, will ya?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just call it monochromatic and be done with it

I, however, think of a 954 as more of a cruisemissile

1 - 20 of 23 Posts