Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Out of line - No. His job is entertainment at other people's expense.. think he did a pretty good job of it right there.

Others saying worse, I've yet to see a black comic get on stage and not throw out racial slurs against white people, mexicans, asians, and THEMSELVES.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Out of line - No. His job is entertainment at other people's expense.. think he did a pretty good job of it right there.

Others saying worse, I've yet to see a black comic get on stage and not throw out racial slurs against white people, mexicans, asians, and THEMSELVES.

I agree that most comics get away with the racial stuff but it is usually broad, stereotypical generalizations like "the white man that can't dance, jump, etc." In my mind that is completely different than picking out one group of ten specific girls and calling them "nappy headed hoes."

·
Registered
954 Posts
I agree that most comics get away with the racial stuff but it is usually broad, stereotypical generalizations like "the white man that can't dance, jump, etc." In my mind that is completely different than picking out one group of ten specific girls and calling them "nappy headed hoes."
:plus1: making mass generalizations for comedic effect (carlos mencia, chris rock, dave chappelle) is completely different then singling out a few people and making racial comments

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
:plus1: making mass generalizations for comedic effect (carlos mencia, chris rock, dave chappelle) is completely different then singling out a few people and making racial comments
I disagree. find me one white comedian thats known for their black jokes (and not kramer, I mean someone who actually gets away with it)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see your points there too. white people are just asking to be mobbed if they even try to make comedy or stereotypical comments of another race. but imus totally flopped on his attempt. it was hilarious. i know it was a mistake. but he was just askin for it when that came out of his mouth

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Until we are able to take these words and make them nothing more than words regardless of who says them we aren't going to be able to get rid or racism.
And the double standard I can say it but you can't just pisses me off

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you're waiting for Jackson and Sharpton to apologize to those kids from Duke, or rally against rap artists who fill our public airwaves with lyrics about ho's, drugs, rape, killing cops, etc., you're in for a long wait.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i was watching short circut with nick cannon and he did a skit about "working with white people" that struck me wrong. one comment was made we are not sure why they act the way they do. if you see the skit that is the pot calling the kettle back. i would like to file a complaint on it just because of all the bs that the reverand started

click on the working with white people, its comical, but that is way worse than imus

Working With White People | Short Circuitz Full Episode (Ep. 2) | MTV

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence are the two that piss me off the most. Both can be very funny at times but I'm tired of them bitching and moaning about rich white people (pisses me off even more since they are well... rich themselves). and its not just while doing stand up. What about in "jay and silent bob strike back" The skit of chris rock being the director.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts