Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search and still cant make up my mind....

my last set of tires were sportec M1's which i was pretty happy with. now that they are used up, i was thinking of trying something different. i ride VERY spirited well known back road twisties and i'm basically looking for something with great turn in and traction. havent done a track day yet but will. these are what i have it narrowed down to.

-pilot power
-pilot race H2
-diablo
-diablo corsa

any suggestions/recommendations??

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say just stick to what is comfortable to you. Sportecs are great street tires. If you've developed a good feel for them, then just stick with it, since each tire would have different characteristics.

However, if you are intent on trying out a different brand just for the street, there is no need to go try any of the DOT race tires. you will just end up replacing it after 1500 miles or less.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know a lot of people using Pirelli Diablos (and Diablo Corsa) and no-one has a bad word to say about them. I use the Diablo Corsas on track, but I think the standard Diablo would be as good as you would need on the street.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i feel like i am definitely taking my skills to the next level and i dont want to be limited by brand new tires that arent up to par.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
The Sportecs and Diablos are both excellent tires for any kind of street riding and even your first couple of times on the track. If you continue with track riding and your speeds increase then switching to the Diablo Corsas would be a good choice. As always...YMMV.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I don't have any experience with M1s for comparison, but I haven't found a better tire than my Diablo Corsas. Diablos are the best tires I've ridden.

Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
good timing with this post as I need a new rear because mine has a tiny tiny hole in it so it keeps losing air (gonna get the front while I'm at it thought) and I'm pretty sure I want the Pilot Powers but the Diablos are also in the back of my mind. anyone know any good place with good prices on them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been using pilot sports for a while now and I love them. They have excellent traction, good warm up time and good wear. I have only read about the pilot powers, but according to their website them have the same wear as the regular pilot sports but since they use a softer compound have much better handling and stability.

Here is a website about them http://www.hardracing.com/Misc/Michelin Pilot Power.htm

I have used the M1's before the pilots and I would not go back. For me the stability of the pilots are far better than the M1.

You may find that opinions vary on products but buy whatever is best for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've ridden on both the Diablo and the Diablo Corsa and I will not sacrifice the extra grip that the Corsa allows. They are a great tire and are very predictable to slide

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the Pirelli Diablo's off of many recommendations from this site and let me tell you, coming from the stock tires, it made a huge difference. Plenty of grip, more lean angle potential, better wear qualities, and more mileage out of them. I'm never going back. The feed back from the front end is like running your fingers on the asphalt! Not once have the tires given up traction, hot cold, or rain. I've got 2000 miles on them now and they still look barely scrubbed in. The back still rounded, not flat in the middle (remember I'm in Kansas). :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Soupy..... how many miles did you get out of those M1's.
I was looking at those,or the Diablo or the powers.
I got about 3k out of my sports.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, somebody mentioned before that the Sportecs and the Diablos share the same carcass. Their characteristics could be similar, maybe not too far off from each other.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
PHARMER954 said:
I've got 2000 miles on them now and they still look barely scrubbed in. The back still rounded, not flat in the middle (remember I'm in Kansas). :thumb:
5K+ on the stock set on my 1KRR. I have a slight flat in the center but still in excellant condition. While I am not in Kansas this is a mix of twisting country roads and some US highways and Interstates to get to places like US129 and other mountain roads. So I would think you can match that even if you brake harder than I tend to.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Diablo Corsa all the way :thumb:
Do those have a Dual Sport tread pattern... :huh:

Just Kiddn'

·
Registered
11,098 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wonder_boy said:
Soupy..... how many miles did you get out of those M1's.
I was looking at those,or the Diablo or the powers.
I got about 3k out of my sports.
approx. 3000 rear, 6000 front

1 - 20 of 40 Posts