Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a copy of one page in particular from a 954 manual. Under general information I would like the page with cylinder head/valves/camshaft specs with the tolerances. It should just be a small section. I have a 929 and a full manual for it I just need the 954 specs. I am willing to pay for the one page if it matters to anyone. If anyone is willing to send me a copy I would really appreciate it. Thanks [email protected]

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I would like a copy of one page in particular from a 954 manual. Under general information I would like the page with cylinder head/valves/camshaft specs with the tolerances. It should just be a small section. I have a 929 and a full manual for it I just need the 954 specs. I am willing to pay for the one page if it matters to anyone. If anyone is willing to send me a copy I would really appreciate it. Thanks [email protected]
Sufficient?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. Going to send the specs and both 929 and 954 cams to a local race shop to see if it is going to be worth the time and money to swap. I was told it can be done as long as the valves were not going to hit the top of the pistons. Will find out soon and post my dyno sheet

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks fellas. Going to send the specs and both 929 and 954 cams to a local race shop to see if it is going to be worth the time and money to swap. I was told it can be done as long as the valves were not going to hit the top of the pistons. Will find out soon and post my dyno sheet
There's only a tiny difference between the two so clearance isn't going to be any problem at all.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was. I sent all of the cam specs to a local motor builder to see if it would be worth the time and money to do it and the answer was a big hell no. The gains (if any) would not even be noticable.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I was. I sent all of the cam specs to a local motor builder to see if it would be worth the time and money to do it and the answer was a big hell no. The gains (if any) would not even be noticable.
I agree there'd be next to no gains but the time and money would be no more than a normal valve clearance adjustment so it's basically just the cost of the 954 cams. If your current cams are worn that'd make the difference more noticeable but I'd be surprised if it's even possible to wear out modern cams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts