Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere out there, where I can get my hands on a GP exhaust for my 02 CBR954RR? Need to get rid of the big ass can called a Yoshi pipe that I have on my bike, When my bike is done being stretched and lowered I need that pipe so my bike dont look so weird with a huge canister. Please anyone out there, help me out!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard the r6 ones are too small and restricting on the 954. tried that option and thats the answer i got.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a set of r6 laser gp style pipes on mine 929. Had the original exaust cut and the r6 pipes welded on, perfect fit. Lost a bit bottom-mid rage but takes of above 6k.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a set of r6 laser gp style pipes on mine 929. Had the original exaust cut and the r6 pipes welded on, perfect fit. Lost a bit bottom-mid rage but takes of above 6k.
Do you have any detailed pictures of your exhaust? I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is there anywhere out there, where I can get my hands on a GP exhaust for my 02 CBR954RR? Need to get rid of the big ass can called a Yoshi pipe that I have on my bike, When my bike is done being stretched and lowered I need that pipe so my bike dont look so weird with a huge canister. Please anyone out there, help me out!!!!!
Can you post a picture of your exhaust? I might be willing to cut down your exhaust silencer. I just cut down my carbon exhaust on my 01 929 this weekend and it took me about an hour and a half. Check out my pics on the rags to riches thread.

·
Registered
258 Posts
^ nice, that's exactly what I want to do w/ my 900RR. I have a single sided swingarm and wheel already and am researching what kind of GP can to put on it. Would also make rear wheel tire changes a breeze!

·
Registered
296 Posts
^ nice, that's exactly what I want to do w/ my 900RR. I have a single sided swingarm and wheel already and am researching what kind of GP can to put on it. Would also make rear wheel tire changes a breeze!
It sure does it would be a pain to change the tyre with the original can......

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey dre, what was the diameter of your header/slip-on outlet/inlet? From my measurements, my headers are 61mm and the R6/GSXR GP aftermarket exhausts that I've measured seem to be 57mm.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hey dre, what was the diameter of your header/slip-on outlet/inlet? From my measurements, my headers are 61mm and the R6/GSXR GP aftermarket exhausts that I've measured seem to be 57mm.

I will go to the garage sometime today and measure it. From memory the exhaust place that welded the R6 pipe, cut the pipe just after the welds on engine side (Two to one) & slipped it over the original pipe and made a braket where the original pipe was held in place., that was over 12 months now, but will let you know ASAP.

·
Registered
258 Posts
appreciate it! I know what you are talking about, but i was planning to cut the exhaust where the bend starts heading towards the right right rearset so that I could mount a bracket onto the rearset to support the exhaust can.

I know that you have a 929 and mine is a 900, but I would still be curious as to what the measurements of your 929 are.

·
Registered
296 Posts
appreciate it! I know what you are talking about, but i was planning to cut the exhaust where the bend starts heading towards the right right rearset so that I could mount a bracket onto the rearset to support the exhaust can.

I know that you have a 929 and mine is a 900, but I would still be curious as to what the measurements of your 929 are.
Thats fine CBRsmurf, will do the measurements at the different areas and will let you know...

·
Registered
296 Posts

Hey there, sorry havent found the vernir capilers to take the measurements, going down to buy one tomorrow and will post the measurements ASAP

·
Registered
296 Posts

Hey CBRSMURF, i meassured the pipe. It was cut off the engine side of the welds in the pic. The internal diameter is 38mm The external diameter is 42mm. Hope this helps? :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts