1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the only company who makes one?

http://www.axio-usa.com/html/p2.html

Anyone own any of this stuff?

We've had discussions on riding with backpacks before, but it never occurred to me that a hard shell pack might be the best option for high speed LDR. I'd guess the pack wouldn't be "grabbed" by the wind like a regular nylon one would be.

How water proof would something like this be, I wonder.

Input welcome!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Those can't be comfortable :hmm:
:wstupid: Can't imagine what it would do to your back in a crash, too.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I didn't even know they were made!!!

In the summer, if I have to take the laptop home it's always a PITA. That would be the perfect thing for me.

Zoltan, no, on a long run it probably wouldn't be confortable.
RedRider, I would hate to think what that would do to your back at highway speeds.

But, that being said...............

I live 4.8 Km's from work, through town, and probably never reach 60 Km's / hr, so:

1. Comfort wouldn't be an issue.
  2. If I crash in that distance, I shouldn't be on a bike anyway.
Chain, what are your plans for it??

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'm not a fan of backpacks on the bike. Depending on what you put in it, it could be detrimental in a fall. I wouldn't want to land on my back on books, jars, computers, etc. To carry stuff, I prefer the luggage be strapped onto the bike, in the form of a tailpack or such. My :twocents: I rode with one once, with just clothes in it, and I hated it. I felt like I couldn't move around on the bike.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Newfie TLR said:

In the summer, if I have to take the laptop home it's always a PITA. That would be the perfect thing for me.

RedRider, I would hate to think what that would do to your back at highway speeds.

I live 4.8 Km's from work, through town, and probably never reach 60 Km's / hr, so:

Maybe better choices for a laptop backpack:
http://www.targus.com/us/cases_notebook_backpacks.asp

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had a Speed-Pac for a couple of months. It doubles either as a back pack or tank bag. Used it mostly for a tank bag, until I went down and broke the damned thing. I've actually tried out the Axio and that seems to be a pretty solid hard bag.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Newfie TLR said:

Maybe you need this

http://www.ogio.com/products/display.cfm?catid=5&UID=411109&color=1

Love mine...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I was looking at the "fuse" model of that axio pack at the beginning of the week and am thinking of buying it for those short weekend trips. Enough room for a couple days worth of clothes and it seemed pretty comfortable during the short time I had it on.

I sat on a f4i that happened to be in the shop at the time to see how it felt while leaned over and it felt fine. I am not sure at all how that might affect you if you had a wreck at highway speeds though. I think I am going to end up buying it..

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have the Targus CityGear, since I need to carry my laptop for work back and forth. It's awesome, has lots of room for all my stuff! Haven't used it on the bike and most likely won't, although if I had to, I'll bet I could find a way to attach it to my Ventura rack.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chain said:
I have a Joe Rocket tank Bag that may serve your purpose better. It has magnetic mounts that DO NOT slip, and is kind of a pillow for your chest if you want some weight off your wrists / hands.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, as far as tank bags go, I really want a Bagster for my bike, but they don't have a color match for the '04 red yet. It's a huge, highly secure bag system, just like the one Conq has on his Viffer and what he ran on the XX.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chain said:
Well, as far as tank bags go, I really want a Bagster for my bike, but they don't have a color match for the '04 red yet. It's a huge, highly secure bag system, just like the one Conq has on his Viffer and what he ran on the XX.
OK, I know that this question will have people rolling on the floor, but I got to ask:

How long you planning on keeping the 'Busa??

A friend has one on his Triumph, and after 3 years the tank cover looks like shit. When he got it, he asked the manufacturer by e-mail how to best protect the leather from fading and drying out in the sun, and they said no need, it has a "special" permanent coating on it. Well, he believed them. It actually looks like it's scaling too!!

Just a heads up.

Conq, what do you do with yours??

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
I had the Bagster on my XX for over two years, and still looked brand new when I sold it. I cleaned it with Honda Spray Polish/Cleaner occasionally. But, I never left the bike parked out in the sun and never rode (other than by accident a couple of times) rode in the rain either.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Newfie TLR said:
How long you planning on keeping the 'Busa??
Until it's paid for three years from now. (Feel free to throw the :bs: flag now, but I can't afford not to keep it.) In three years I'll likely trade it off for either the presumed Interceptor/XX/whateva replacement from Honda -or- for an FJR.

Meanwhile, I think it's about time to mod... :eek: :evilaugh: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chain said:
snip.../XX/....snip
With a Two Bros pipe?? :evilaugh:

Chain said:

Uh oh, look out now. Focker rides once in 3-1/2 months and now it's time to spend bux-on-bits!! :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Chain said:
:rotfl: Knew you'd break down and have to mod. Nothing wrong with it. Personally, I love doing mods. It makes the bike mine, sets it apart from everyone else's, hopefully. Go for it! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts