Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By 954 is running rich and i'd like to try a "leaner" map if anyone has it. All I have is 2bros. Slip-on and PCIII, no other mods. I'd like to go the custom map route, but want to experiment a little more. I know it's NOT the perfect guage for fuel mixture, but my exhuast tip is very dark, only getting 110 - 120 miles before the light comes on and the guys following notice some unburned gas coming from my exhaust, which I noticed on my bud's 929 as well, so i'm guessing that this is common.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Tank69 said:
the guys following notice some unburned gas coming from my exhaust, which I noticed on my bud's 929 as well, so i'm guessing that this is common.
Umm, no! :idunno: Use the buttons ON the PC and lean out the range you think is rich, how much easier can it be?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
CBRBob said:
Umm, no! :idunno: Use the buttons ON the PC and lean out the range you think is rich, how much easier can it be?
I don't want to go adjusting buttons and end up hosing it up. Maybe I should have asked this question, can anyone share their maps with me so I can do a comparison and adjust from there?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nedro said:
I get about 90 miles before the light comes on.

What does, "I know it's the perfect guage for fuel mixture" mean?
Thats about what I get when doing hard canyon riding or a trackday.

That was supposed to read "I know it's NOT the perfect guage for fuel mixture", I fixed it. All I meant was reading the tailpipe isn't a very accurate measurement tool for determining rich/lean conditions. Just going back to my two-stroke days. :)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
O.K., I get it. Are you running the 2Bros. slip on map? If so, you can try the zero map that they have. Or you can ask someone on the site for a custom map for a stock bike. It might get a better response than saying you want a Lean or leaner map.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you won't hose anything up -- every map sets the lights at the center point to begin with. Lean it out to test -- if you don't like it, just put it back to the center.

Tank69 said:
I don't want to go adjusting buttons and end up hosing it up. Maybe I should have asked this question, can anyone share their maps with me so I can do a comparison and adjust from there?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Why waste your time and energy. If you're gonna get a custom map done eventually anyway, just get it done now and save the hassle. Then you KNOW it's right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How's about someone posting how to adjust the whole map. I remember reading that there is a little trick to adjust the entire map up or down. Say, anyone want to make a guess as to how many click's (when I say click's I mean number values)would be about 10%?(thinking of making slightly richer/leaner maps for high elevation tracks?)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
risc32 said:
How's about someone posting how to adjust the whole map. I remember reading that there is a little trick to adjust the entire map up or down. Say, anyone want to make a guess as to how many click's (when I say click's I mean number values)would be about 10%?(thinking of making slightly richer/leaner maps for high elevation tracks?)
There is, you highlight the whole map and change it in one shot LOL

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My guess would be 1 maybe 2 notches would be about 10%. Just add (or take) 1 or 2 notches to low med and high, and see how you go. (to sequence it, hold the 3 buttons down while turning on the ignition, release the buttons, and then press one , say "low" and tap it to add fuel, hold for 1 sec to lean it out) and repeat for the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts