Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about removing my jardine slip-on off of my 00 929, does anyone know if this will cause a compression drop in the block?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The muffler has nothing to do with engine compression. Maybe you're thinking of back pressure? In that case you would have less back pressure. Hope this confused you. :huh:

Rick

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, something like that. Will taking it off cause loss of power or just wicked gain in mean sound?

·
Registered
27 Posts
you will loose almost all your low end power and it possible you can gain power top end but with no back presure or a can the you could loose power top end also. Back presure has to do with how easy the flow of the exhaust gas is and turns in the header or mid pipes can even affect it thats why they have after market headers too lol

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Do you mean you want to run the bike without any muffler at all?
As SevenStar already stated you will lose a lot of midrange but should gain some power at the peak. It's probably possible to map to minimise the former and maximise the latter - _if_ you could find a dyno operator willing to put up with the noise :)
Your neighbours will also likely band together to either burn your bike or have you killed...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exactly my friend has and R1 and took the packing material out of his cans and i told him he could come to my house anymore his bike was to loud i was getting complaints lol

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I've tried running the 954RR without a can on it - my god does it sound throaty (esp on deacceleration) but its too noisy for these streets.

You would loose back pressure as Bladeracer stated, but you should be able to get a customised Power Commander Map to suit the back pressure levels.

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts