Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started about 3 weeks ago and has been getting worse.

I go to start it and it won't start. I started noticing that the fuel pump was kicking, but if I kept trying while messing with the start/stop switch, it will eventually start. During lunch today, I was accelerating and it suddenly stop, so I messed with the switch a few times and it started back up. Is is the switch or maybe fuel pump. Other then that problem, bike runs perfect.

04 CBR1k with 6600 miles.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
check the fuel pump solonoid, may need to replace, the contacts inside can go bad, if that doesn't work then dissasemble the kill switch box on the right grip area, clean the contacts with fine sandpaper and coat with dilithium grease......

we all catch ourselves gettin caught in the rain once in a great while, but even move damage is done when it's left sitting out in the weather, water will eventually seep into that switch causing what your having.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where that solenoid might be? I've never even pulled the tank cover off that bike.

Also, the only water that bike EVER sees is when it's getting washed. I've never (knock on wood) been caught in the rain :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
check the connections/connectors to the fuel pump. I had a similar thing on my 929 not long ago. It was just a lose ground. The bike would sometimes just shut off while riding and other times not even start. Lift up the tank/cover and see whats lose.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
This started about 3 weeks ago and has been getting worse.

I go to start it and it won't start. I started noticing that the fuel pump was kicking, but if I kept trying while messing with the start/stop switch, it will eventually start. During lunch today, I was accelerating and it suddenly stop, so I messed with the switch a few times and it started back up. Is is the switch or maybe fuel pump. Other then that problem, bike runs perfect.

04 CBR1k with 6600 miles.
Do you regularly use the killswitch to stop the bike instead of the ignition switch?
If you do then it's probably the switch that's bad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will lift the tank and check all conections.

Yea, I think I use the kill switch most of the time to stop it.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
A lot of people have had problems with their switch gear as it corrodes when left outside.

Open her up and make sure all of the connections are clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts