Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna get some race plastics for the 954 to do some trackdays. Who overall make a decent product without shattering my wallet?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hotbodies is cheap and crap but if you are just looking to get the street stuff off?

S

·
0 Posts
Godfather, Cheetah, & Hotbodies on the lower end.

I like Catalyst Racing Composites the best so far..... great looks, fit & finish!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Cheap would be HotBodies Racing . I have their plastic on my F4i and I would never use them again. Their stuff is total crap in the way of fit and finish. I had to work pretty hard to get their stuff to fit the bike correctly. I had to cut 2 areas of the lower belly pan because the shift linkage and mid-pipe were not allowing the plastic to fit correctly.

The obvious good plastics would be:

• Cheetah
  • Godfather Racing
  • Sharkskinz
  • Armor Bodies

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard a lot of bad things about HotBodies for them to get my money. any have said I can't go wrong with Sharkskinz. I've never really heard of AK before, they got a website to check out?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I've never really heard of AK before, they got a website to check out?
Thanks, Code.

Dano, I had AK plastics on my 600rr, and the fit, finish, ease of installation, and "crashability" were all A+.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link...too bad they don't have the 954 listed. I'll have to send them an email.

S

·
0 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I linked to that site from somewhere in the past few days and couldn't for the life of me remember what their name was. Do you run their stuff SPEED?
Yes, the guy I bought my bike from let Mike at Catalyst use the bike to make the mold for the '03-'04 600RR. The picture of the 600RR on their site is my bike.

The header banner on http://sportbikeswest.com is from Grattan '04 with the Catalyst glass on my bike. I can link you to more pics if you like. People always ask me about the glass.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Racer buddies of mine always told me Sharkskinz were the best. I found it to be really good stuff. Flawless fit and little "dimples" for the drill locations. Also survives crashes as well as can be expected.

If you're real aggressive, you may drag their lower (if it's like the 929)though, they give lots of room for the exhaust without trimming.

AirTech is good stuff too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have sharkskinz on my 929. I like them. And yes, the lower fairing will drag in some turns. I havent had it drag in a turn on a flat surface. Just in turns that are in the vally of a hill. Where you are going down hill into the turn and up hill out of it. Puts more stress on the suspension and drags the lower part. I got scratches where it drags, and I can take a pic if you ever want to see what I am talking about. But I have had the 929 farther over in turns on a flat surface and it doesnt drag. And I got my suspension set quite stiff. :idunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts