Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone I'm new to this forum and I need some desperate help. I have an atv quad equipped with a 02 cbr 600 f4i motor. When I got it it didn't run, it needed a fuel cut relay so I bypassed it by jumping all 4 wires together and it fired right up. . I rode it like that until the new relay came in and haven't had a problem until now. I went to start it one day and it wouldn't start, spins over but no fuel or fire. The engine stop relay clicks with the engine stop switch but not the fuel cut relay. Since then I have tried a new relay, new ECM, new wiring harness and still no luck. All fuses are good, the fuel cut relay and each coil pack connector are getting power but no signal to fire. The fuel pump is good I can jump the 2 white/black & brown wire.

There are jumper wires on the harness also, I'm guessing to bypass the has sensor and kick stand sensor.

Green/white & green/red

Red/white & green

I think this is kick stand safety bypassed..
Any help is much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I litterally just had the same kind of problem on my f4, with no spark. Have you ever checked the plugs? I couldn't figure out how to get my bike to start for 2 days, went through air-fuel-compression- and finally spark. Checked everything and everything was great, I replaced the plugs and it fired right up. If you havent, check them. Good luck and awesome ride.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I figured it out last week. Ignition diode was blown and bad ecu.
nice work man. glad you got it figured out. :thumb: now i expect to see some pics of the finished product soon. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
sean, how did you find your problem. i have the same problem, no fuel and no spark. checked the zener diod at the ignition and had 8.5v and at the ecu 8.5 there also. my other problem is i have no voltage going to the fuel pump on the brown wire. if it is powered up pump runs. i thought it was the ecu but swapped it out and nothing changed. the guy said the ecu was good has a good rep. i checked the relays and they are good to.HELP please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts