Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 929 is dying mid corner on corners that require hella braking, then serious lean angle---just dies---then I turn the ignition off/on--and it starts right up.

Vnatchu and I shorted the tip sensor---aint it---
Any ideas??? Abtech??

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm not a bike expert but you might want to check the fuel pump. I had a VW that would die just like that when I was autocrossing, it had to be really fast corner with the car dog legged for it to happen. Replaced the pump and all was good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trackho : My 929 is dying mid corner on corners that require hella braking, then serious lean angle---just dies---then I turn the ignition off/on--and it starts right up.
Are you using a Power Commander?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seeker : Quote (Trackho @ Aug. 26 2003, 12:21am)My 929 is dying mid corner on corners that require hella braking, then serious lean angle---just dies---then I turn the ignition off/on--and it starts right up.
yes---but I am NOT sure why this would be effected by hard braking/high lean angle---Im thinking fuel pump---or filter possibly

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zeeman : I'd bet fuel pump or filter too.

Z...
Thats what I am thinking--just NOT sure why it fires up right after I turn the engine off/on----till the next similar corner---its hell on the laptimes

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Called dealer---seems that if i diagnosis it they may ask Honda for parts---so all in all worthless---Dan had some ideas about the PC3

·
Registered
303 Posts
Would it have anything to do with your kickstand circuit? Are you still running a kickstand or did you short it? If you are running one, that would help to explain why it's only happening on severe braking and/or way leaned over. I've heard of the spring wearing out over time allowing the kickstand to move just enough to kick in the safety device.

Of course, if you're not running a kickstand, you may want to check whatever wiring you did to override the safety device.

Just another idea....

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Are you absolutely sure it's not the bank angle sensor? It might have an intermittent short or something.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red Rider : Are you absolutely sure it's not the bank angle sensor?  It might have an intermittent short or something.  
Well-I disconnected it--ran a jumper from the two outside wires--per manual--so the switch was effectively history---if there was an open--it wouldnt run at all--ie turn back on--with the jumper connected---but right now anything is possible--gonna check the simple stuff first--kind of unanimous hat it is electrical

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trackho : Quote (Seeker @ Aug. 26 2003, 2:23am)Quote (Trackho @ Aug. 26 2003, 12:21am)My 929 is dying mid corner on corners that require hella braking, then serious lean angle---just dies---then I turn the ignition off/on--and it starts right up.
yes---but I am NOT sure why this would be effected by hard braking/high lean angle---Im thinking fuel pump---or filter possibly
Check this out: http://www.fireblades.org/cgi-bin....=seeker

If it were my bike, I would want to rule it out as a possibility. This left me stranded in the mountains of Georgia.

If the wire only grounds when you lean or apply pressure to the tank, it could cause this cutting out. Worth a check. . .

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seeker : Quote (Trackho @ Aug. 26 2003, 3:23am)Quote (Seeker @ Aug. 26 2003, 2:23am)Quote (Trackho @ Aug. 26 2003, 12:21am)My 929 is dying mid corner on corners that require hella braking, then serious lean angle---just dies---then I turn the ignition off/on--and it starts right up.
Check this out: http://www.fireblades.org/cgi-bin....=seeker

If it were my bike, I would want to rule it out as a possibility. This left me stranded in the mountains of Georgia.

If the wire only grounds when you lean or apply pressure to the tank, it could cause this cutting out. Worth a check. . .
Seeker---Thanks, that was Dans top suggestion too---I didnt disconnect it---but I will try it---seems after it didnt want to start---it did that run on 2 cyclinders thing---everytime I took the tank off , fiddled w/it seemed to get better

·
Registered
682 Posts
Could it be your bike was protesting about the latest high cost of petrol these days for last I noted is the 97 regular is at the price of 91.9 cents pr L which is close to $3.68 a gallon? No that would have to be the attitude of the owner/rider. LOL

I am interested to hear the answer to this on, for like the others I cannot make any sensible suggestion..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts