Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is the Bottom Right Bolt............Also, take out the coolant bolt in the head...this one is right above the coolant overflow tank.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yup, bottom right (looking at the first picture in original post). Ditto on the other drain plug near the overflow reservoir. (Just in case you were looking for a second, confirming opinion)

Also, remember to have the cap removed from the radiator before trying to drain the coolant, or nothing will come out. And if you want to drain the overflow reservoir as well you'll need to remove the hose clamped to the neck of the radiator filler and hold it below the level of the overflow reservoir.

--- D

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
And if you want to drain the overflow reservoir as well you'll need to remove the hose clamped to the neck of the radiator filler and hold it below the level of the overflow reservoir.

--- D
I'd recommend getting a siphon to remove the fluid from the plastic overflow reservoir. If you take the hose on and off a number of times from the metal nipple at the neck of the radiator filler, that small aluminum nipple will eventually break off. Don't ask me how I know. :mad:
Due to track requirements, I need to change mine every year between distilled/water wetter and antifreeze.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts