Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks for letting me in the forum! I have this problem and it's driving me nuts! So I got this 954 in to do a valve adjustment on and change the cc5, ran prior and had an engine knock, which my buddy thought was a cut so that's why I went in. I changed the cct and adjusted the valves, when I installed the valve cover the gasket above the cam pulse generator wasn't seated all the way and when I started the engine oil leaked onto it. I shut it off and went back in to fix it. Was running a little rough but I didn't sync the throttle bodies yet which is exactly what it sounded like, but good none the less other than the knock. I put it back together and haven't been able to get it started since, checked everything like 10 times! All cylinders have spark, the injectors are firing too, and I have compression, 180 cylinder 1, 163 cylinder 2, 164 cylinder 3, and 180 cylinder 4. I had an fi light for tps and cpg, I cleared them and they didn't pop back up. I couldn't figure it out so I had my buddy check my timing and valve lash assuming the worst, but everything checked out. So that's buttoned up and now I'm trying to check and reset the fi light, but whatever I do the mil light just stays solid red. And I can't do anything about it, I was getting an output from the cpg but im about to check with the peak voltage adapter like in the manual. So my question is why is the mil light staying solid red now?! And also would oil leaking on the cpg cause it to malfunction even if I'm pretty sure it didn't get in the wiring! Please help guys I've been on this for literally like 4 days!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts