Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have ?'s about pda's and pocket pc's. i am starting a bussiness in about a month (softdrinks), i am looking for a pda/ipaq(pocket pc) to handle all of my customer invoicing/pricing/inventory etc.. i also need it to be able to print the invoices, i have been told by the people at staples that i can do all of this but i need to find a printer that is bluetooth enabled. anyone know if this is true or not? yes i can get regular handhelds computers for all of this from my company,but the new ones they have now are not working like they should.would the ipaq(pocket pc) be easier because of the windows operating system or the palms do just fine, i know they have infrared and bluetooth. the ipaq's just have the bluetooth, please, please, please help with this problem.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
When it comes to business I try not to forge into new territory. I would pull out with a trusty ibm/sony laptop and a bublejet printer.

Sorry if this kills the excitement.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I love my Palm platform for what it is... kind of an auxiliary brain for details I don't want to commit to memory. What it is NOT is a business platform for inventory and ordering. Even running Excel it's clunky and limited.

I'd get some robust laptops or tablet PC's.. I note that the reps for Sysco, US Foods, etc. don't use PDA's.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMO, you're better off looking for the software first, then deciding what hardware to run it on. I haven't seen any POS (point of sale), Inventory, Invoicing software or the like for PDA's. I think a laptop would be your best bet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Definitely get a laptop. And I would not recommend the Dell Axim pda...mine is pretty flakey.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, it seems like a laptop is the popular answer. i looked at those also, but i just got the brain fart to look at the pda just because of size. should i look for anything special when looking for the right laptop? anyone know if i can find a program to automatically keep track of inventory(real time) as i sell stuff?or should i just go with symbol handheld computers, they have programs for this type of work. i just don't know if i can get them to program it specifically for my needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts