Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a newb to the site as well as the CBR. I hope I'm posting in the right area. I bought a 2005 CBR1000RR a few days ago and today while cleaning it up I came across something that doesn't look right. Here are a few pictures of it to help you see what I'm talking about. There's a little device with cables wound around it on the left hand side and a tube with a white coupling sticking out of it that isn't connected to anything. Now the part that doesn't make sense is the cables that come from this little black part aren't connected to anything. They are just propped on top of the exhaust pipe. What is this and where are these cables supposed to be connected? Thanks in advance!

-Michael

Edit:
I found this on bike bandit, but I'm still not sure what it is for. Any ideas?
2005 Honda Motorcycle Parts for CBR1000RR, Electrical - SERVO MOTOR

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I suspect that you have an aftermarket exhaust? That is the servo cable for the exhaust. You are ok. Its the same thing that many of us disconnected from the 954 and the 929.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dude you have an after market can and sombody (this is normal as it has been removed with stock parts) has done away with the exhaust valve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, after I posted I started thinking about that. Yeah there's a yoshimura pipe on it.

What about the black hose next to the servo, is that related to the same thing or is that something different?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The hose with the white coupling is your overflow for your fuel tank. The upper hose often pops out when you lift the tank up, like if you were changing the air filters. If you feel around behind the frame you should find it...the length of the hose is such that when the tank is lowered it is hidden by the frame and it often gets hung up by whatever is behind the frame. Just plug it back it when you find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts