Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Well im looking for a good quality chain and sprocket. Could you guys help me out?

Have you tried any motorcycle shops or Ebay?
Personally, I like DID for chains.
Sprockets I'm not too fussy about and have used AFAM, Renthal, JT among others, all in 520 aluminium and never had any problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm not really sure what to look for since ive never bought a chain and sprockets before. My 954 is my first bike

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
well i'm not really sure what to look for since ive never bought a chain and sprockets before. My 954 is my first bike

If you're happy with the chain you have now then it should have stamped on the side plates what brand and model of chain it is.
You have two sprockets and I suggest you check both and see what's stamped on them regarding number of teeth, brand and whether they're 520 or 530.

·
Registered
780 Posts
When you remove the chain be sure to clean up the chain sliders before you put on the new one. Otherwise you are just dirtying up a new chain.

You will need a chain tool to rivet the master link in place.

Be sure to seat the plates before you use the tool to rivet the pins in the master link.

If you are really anal about it (like me), use a set of digital calipers to measure the width of the adjacent link and make the master link the same width.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
:) Yes you are correct! I just like the Gold one! I just went up to a 42 and I do not have a Speedo yet.
The bike is a street and track bike. Will it affect my milage?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
:) Yes you are correct! I just like the Gold one! I just went up to a 42 and I do not have a Speedo yet.
The bike is a street and track bike. Will it affect my milage?

It depends on what you mean by "up" and what you went up from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts