Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the bike off a guy and left on bad terms, so i was was cleaning the junk off of it and i found some lines that werent hooked up to anything, so i started to pull em out and see where it lead, lead strait to the fuel tank, now where the fuel pump is there two lines hokked up going in to the motor and everthing is fine with that, but close to the pump theres two little nipples coming out of the tank one nipple has no line on it, and the othere has the line hooked up to thats not hooked up to anything, still fuel in the tank tho? please help, first bike and have no clue about, thanks

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum

One line is a vent line, the other an overflow tube.

Both should lead to underneath your lower fairings onto the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum

One line is a vent line, the other an overflow tube.

Both should lead to underneath your lower fairings onto the road.

thanks man, first bike ive ever rode ha ha, so they should just be dangling not connected to anything?, also is it nomal for a fireblade to run at about 220-230 F.?, appriciate it big time man, im a ****in rookie when it comes to bikes man, just trying to get in the action!

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Are you hitting those temps while at rest or cruising?

220F on a hot day in traffic is high even.
Thats around 104C, thats hot but then the fan should kick in, mine can run upto as much as 109C in traffic on a very hot day.
But as you say Burton, is that at rest or riding temp:idunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats around 104C, thats hot but then the fan should kick in, mine can run upto as much as 109C in traffic on a very hot day.
But as you say Burton, is that at rest or riding temp:idunno:
thats after i was riding it for about 30 min., the fan kicked on at 230F. but i noticed i had a little antifrezee leak when i parked it, dont know much about bikes but where the radiator hooks up to the big hose it seemed to be leaking at the end of the hose where it hooked up to some kind of pump maybe?, rite above the tranny.., thanks guys

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Not sure on the 900rr, but on the 929, the water pump is on the LEFT side of the bike and has 2 outlets.

If its leaking, drain your system, remove cover and check gasket. If its fine, inspect hoses for cracks and check the ring clips.

The fan should come on at 210-215F

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Bah of course not!

LEFT LEFT LEFT

**In the lab right now doing modeling. Whats the length of the valve approximately? and the size of the cut out 600mm in?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Bah of course not!

LEFT LEFT LEFT

**In the lab right now doing modeling. Whats the length of the valve approximately? and the size of the cut out 600mm in?

Along the axis of the pipe the length of the cutout is 30mm.
Across the pipe the opening is 25mm wide on the upper surface of each pipe. The openings in the lower pipes are fairly well filled by the valve, the upper pipes are a full 30x25mm rectangular opening about 8-10mm deep with fairly perpendicular sides. I'd have to measure the position but 600mm from the exhaust valve would be near enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts