Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, My bike vibrates up and down every time a pull on the brake lever. I have tried everything to fix it. So i figure my rotors are warped. At slow speeds braking softly i can feel the brakes catch and then not catch. So I check them with a dial indicator and it said they where out about 3-5thousandths of an inch.

So i am looking for a inexpensive solution since i am closing on my condo soon and i have to save as much money as possible.

does anyone use EBC rotors and like them? So far they are the cheapest I have found.

Anyone have any suggestions on what i should get or try? I looked at service honda for new OEM rotors and they were 256.12 a piece.

Any help would be great

·
Registered
723 Posts
I just had the same problem. It went away after a while when I bled the brakes... I eventually broke down and got new Rotors and Pads.

I used the EBC contour rotors and pads and I got ~500km on the bike before I started to suffer electrical issues. (I think it's the stator but I have to get the bike up and running to test - and it feels like there's further issues) The pair work well with some decent initial bite but it jumps quickly from the light bite to full-force (which has been normal for my 929 for its entire life)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have used Will's rim repair to get a visibly warped rotor from my RC51 straigtened out. They have done a great job :clap: . The rotor came back almost perfectly straight, and it took them only 24 hours to do the job and ship it back to me. All for only $10 + $5 S/H. I couldn't be happier; much better than spending $400 on a new OEM rotor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts