Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering a slipon in the next few days and I have it narrowed down to three brands...jardine, arrow, and two bros...what would be my best choice for an all around good can. I would love to have an arata or akro, but, just can't afford those.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMO the Akrapovic is the way to go for a slip-on. I understand if it's a little out of your range but for the little bit of extra $ it's so worth it. I was in the same situation as you and chose to wait a little longer 'til I could afford the Akro slip-on, which now I wish I had waited just a bit more so I could afford the complete system. If you must get an exhaust can now I would definately go with the Two Bros. I have a couple butt shots in my gallery if you want to see what the Akrapovic can looks like mounted.

·
Registered
896 Posts
love my arrow full system. very good tone i think they use steel wool packing gives a deeper sound. if i could figure out how to use my digi cam id post a video for you. damn shame you dont have a 929/954 i got a mint carbon micron can forsale cheap...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wonder if it would be possible to put a 954 exhaust on a 1000rr....i've heard of people putting 600rr pipes on 1000's

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ordering slipon tomorrow, any other opinions?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, drop arrow from the list and add scorpion on there....

I'm sorry, I'm just really stressin out about this because I don't want to make a bad decision.
I would love to get an akro but being a college student all my money goes towards school, house, and rent, so after all the bills are paid i'm left with about ~$450

·
Registered
254 Posts
I want the 2 bros. sounds mean with a big straight pipe kinda look. Or maybe just straight pipe it. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
172 Posts
i searched and searched for my 07 a slipon. year and a half later, i finally ordered the Arrow titanium and midpipe, can make it a full system down the road if need be. love the look, love the sound. had some buddies that had KR (which sounded really good, i just didn't care for the carbon fiber) another who had Akra (also didn't care for the carbon fiber) and another w/ ti Arrow. out of those 3, ARROW won. really wanted the arata, but decided it wasn't worth the extra money to me. (plus i got a great deal for a new pipe from a customer of mine, so i couldn't pass it up)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the help guys...i know two bros is thought to be a crap pipe by a lot of people....does anyone have experience with scorpions or hindles? I've heard that hindles are a good s/o for the 1k

·
Registered
391 Posts
thanks for all the help guys...i know two bros is thought to be a crap pipe by a lot of people....does anyone have experience with scorpions or hindles? I've heard that hindles are a good s/o for the 1k
A mate of mine over here has a scorpion end can on his cbr 600 and he swears by it, have you thought about a micron can ???

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Scorpion Stainless Steel slipon for my RR8 and It sounds fantastic quite similar in sound to the Yoshi too but for a fraction of the price.

Post a pick when its on!

·
Registered
238 Posts
love my arrow full system. very good tone i think they use steel wool packing gives a deeper sound. if i could figure out how to use my digi cam id post a video for you. damn shame you dont have a 929/954 i got a mint carbon micron can forsale cheap...

still have the can?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts