Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i recently got a 1994 honda cbr 900rr and she was riding so well then all of a sudden she died ive got a new battery and new spark plugs but she cranks butwill not turn over anyone know what elese i can do before taking it into a shop?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys i recently got a 1994 honda cbr 900rr and she was riding so well then all of a sudden she died ive got a new battery and new spark plugs but she cranks butwill not turn over anyone know what elese i can do before taking it into a shop?
Hey mate, there used to be information here, try a search. There are a couple of switches in the system, like stand, clutch, and other I cant remember, but search. Having a wiring diagram helps, you should find it here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey mate, there used to be information here, try a search. There are a couple of switches in the system, like stand, clutch, and other I cant remember, but search. Having a wiring diagram helps, you should find it here.
If any of those switches are bad will cause that on the bike. Also need to check all connections in the starting circuit. Some one just posted the wiring diagrams in color, which helps big time
post your progress !

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
1) make sure the battery is full charged
2) check if you've a spark - if ot you've electrical issue
3) if you have a spark the you've probably got a fuel issue. Earlier bikes had an electric fuel pump, yours is one of those that should have one. You can bypass it and the bike will get enough fuel certainly to start so start by seeing if you have fuel getting to the carbs.
4) if you got fuel in teh carb and spark then there is probably something up with the carbs like some shit from teh fuel or perhaps teh needle vales are not sealing and its flooding fuel in to teh motor.

there a few things to start you off - let us knwo how you get on....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts