Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. This is my first post here on FireBlades.org.

I am a total noob who doesn't know how to ride a bike, but these days i am learning on a friends 600RR. I have a few questions for you people and its my request that all of you please guide me:

1) Even if i have the cash to buy a brand new 2007 Fireblade, should i save money and buy a 2nd hand 2006 Fireblade ?(with aftermarket lazer exhaust)
2) What is the difference between the 2006 and 2007 model as far as the body and performance is concerned?
3) My friends tell me that i would be a fool if i buy the 2007 CBR1000RR.

I am in a state of hardcore confusion. Please let me know what you guys think on the above queries. Thank you.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hiya, and welcome.

I personaly think the jump to a Fireblade from Noob is hugh, its a lot of machine to handle - I even think its too much for some long term riders.
If you are comfortable now on th 600RR - why not go for a second hand one now - there are pleanty with low milage - as there are so many guys who park it and not ride. Im not saying you cant ride or anything but if you dont have experience you will find the road a fery unfreindly place to land on.
If you start cheap - it wont hurt your pocket as much if you have a small accident - there is a saying in the biking comunity that there are two kinds of riders - 1. those who have fallen & 2. those who are going to fall.
It dont have to be your fault, a single slip on a patch of desiel is enough and you wont even notice it on the tar - bang.

I must stress that - you dont learn just from your mates - try find a reputable bike school nearby and get som valuble lessons, they know better, and worth every cent.

1.Back to your other questions. a second hand Blade is as good as the new, within reason....
2.there are a few cosmetic changes on the 07 mostly the nose shape, and the Front breaks are a different color (gold - 07).
3. Your friend is looking after your interests, somtimes a friend is needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya, and welcome.

I personaly think the jump to a Fireblade from Noob is hugh, its a lot of machine to handle - I even think its too much for some long term riders.
If you are comfortable now on th 600RR - why not go for a second hand one now - there are pleanty with low milage - as there are so many guys who park it and not ride. Im not saying you cant ride or anything but if you dont have experience you will find the road a fery unfreindly place to land on.
If you start cheap - it wont hurt your pocket as much if you have a small accident - there is a saying in the biking comunity that there are two kinds of riders - 1. those who have fallen & 2. those who are going to fall.
It dont have to be your fault, a single slip on a patch of desiel is enough and you wont even notice it on the tar - bang.

I must stress that - you dont learn just from your mates - try find a reputable bike school nearby and get som valuble lessons, they know better, and worth every cent.

1.Back to your other questions. a second hand Blade is as good as the new, within reason....
2.there are a few cosmetic changes on the 07 mostly the nose shape, and the Front breaks are a different color (gold - 07).
3. Your friend is looking after your interests, somtimes a friend is needed.
Thank you for the wonderful response bro. That will really help me decide. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts