Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find a second serial number at? I need a second number for filing my salvage to rebuilt title paperwork. I am trying to get it done, but i cannot find a second serial number. Can someone help??

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Did you get the one off the engine as your second one?

Let me know if they make you remove all your old VIN work when you are done and assign you a new one.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they are going to give me a new one. But i don't know. i am trying to get the paperwork done because it keeps getting nicer and nicer. Plus if I have to wait until the new title comes in I will be really mad for the simple fact that it takes the state forever! So that will put me not getting to ride until may! I hope not. But i will let you know if they give me a new VIN

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Do/Did you have to take it somewhere to be inspected before they will change the title to rebuilt.
AZ gives you a new VIN - thats not to say that IN will do the same, just giving insight on what experience I have with it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The form you can pick up at the branch or online does have an area where a police officer has to do an inspection on the bike and sign off. He is supposed to verify that the serial and VIN do not come up as stolen also. I have that taken care of. As far as i know you keep the same VIN number. Whenever the guy i bought it from wrecked it, the title that got changed to salvage kept the same VIN.

I was a bit worried that i will be waiting "4 weeks" which is what they say to get the rebuilt title back but it is more like 8. But the lady said when i turn it in, they will send it to their headquarters and then come back about 3 or 4 business days later and they will look it up on the system. If they see that it has been entered into the system, then i can get plates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts