Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my bike won't start and I am running out of things to look into, so if anyone has any suggestions please throw them my way! It was running fine last season, I just had the carbs completely cleaned, replaced all the spark plugs, and charged the battery. I have full electricity, all lights, horn, ect, working. It will crank, but will not turn over, and I can smell the gas after trying to start it numerous times.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not yet tested that, and it was recommended that I do so fro. The mechanic. I'll look up how to do it and take it from there.

I'll reply back if/when I get her running, so if anyone else has any ideas, let them be heard!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, update:

I got the bike to turn over and start today, and honestly, as sad as it sounds, I think the culprit before was a loose screw on the negative part of the battery.... However, we have another problem :(

After getting the bike to start and giving it a few revs, it started leaking gas pretty bad between the 3rd and 4th carbs. I just brought the carbs to be cleaned professionally, and now that they are leaking gas, should I just bring them back and have the shop take care of fixing the leak? Does anyone have a link they could send me for the kit to redo the carbs? I never experienced this issue last year, and the only conclusion I can draw is that the solvent that the shop used to soak my carbs in probably caused the breakdown of some o-rings and gaskets inside the carbs, leading to the leaks.

Thoughts?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
The o-rings between the carbs on the T’s need replacing. They have to be split in order to do so (or at the very least ALMOST split). I would imagine the shop won’t do it for free, even though they probably did ruin them.

Those o-rings should be able to be sourced from LieTek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts