Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting a jet kit in my 98 900rr and getting it dyno tuned. I have a slipon and stock engine and air filter. Any recommendations on brands? stage? I'm looking for a smoother powerband, put extra power would be nice too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
With slipon and stock filter, I seriously doubt you'll get any gains from a jet kit. Slipon isn't going to change your A/F ratio enough to bother compensating for it. That's what jet kits do, compensate for lean condition you create by adding full exhaust system, aftermarket filter, head porting, ignition upgrade..etc. They don't create power by themselves.
Did bike run different after you installed slipon? Good way to tell if you got your money's worth out of a performance product is bike will fall on it's face when running it up to redline. If bike still runs the same, jet kit isn't necessary. Just my opinion, not being smart a$$. No sense in blowing money on something you aren't going to get anything out of.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Another thing...NEVER let shop that works on your bike dyno it for you. Take it to someone else and have them dyno it. Dynos can be made to lie pretty easily (if it's newer model, operator can play with humidity, temp. settings and "create" horsepower out of thin air). They are going to show a hp increase regardless of what bike is actually putting out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
No idea on that one, impossible to guess. I'd wait til I got bike moved and see how she runs. CV carbs can compensate for minor changes, not sure about the one you're making. I'd just wait and see.

·
Registered
554 Posts
When you get ready for some more power, dump the slipon and get a full system (they are a lil hard to find for them so you may have to look good). Then stick an air filter and jet kit on it and she will scream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.