Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, just crossing over to motorbikes recently and picked up a good 99 chasis. Picked up a freshly rebuilt motor and am in need of a little help. I have no honda specific tools and will be doing this install solely from the manual. What i'm looking for is for someone in the area to maybe come by and give me a hand. If you have motorbike tools thats even better. Just want to get the motor installed proper so i can move onto refreshing other things (tires, brakes, etc) I am willing to PAY for help just can't really afford dropping off at a shop and dealing with labor costs. Hit me up if you are available! I'm in baton rouge in sherwood forest! Thanks guys! :patriot:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sup guys, just crossing over to motorbikes recently and picked up a good 99 chasis. Picked up a freshly rebuilt motor and am in need of a little help. I have no honda specific tools and will be doing this install solely from the manual. What i'm looking for is for someone in the area to maybe come by and give me a hand. If you have motorbike tools thats even better. Just want to get the motor installed proper so i can move onto refreshing other things (tires, brakes, etc) I am willing to PAY for help just can't really afford dropping off at a shop and dealing with labor costs. Hit me up if you are available! I'm in baton rouge in sherwood forest! Thanks guys! :patriot:
You don't need any Honda tools or any motorcycle-specific tools.
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm and 27mm sockets and ring spanners, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm and 8mm allen keys, and a good long phillips screwdriver should be fine. Some extra-long needle-nose pliers can be very useful for hooking up throttle cables and such things.
Some bikes need a few specific sockets like 21mm, 24mm, 30mm, 32mm and 36mm for axles, sump plugs and such.
And occasionally you might need a large allen key for axles or gallery plugs but it's quick and easy to make those by welding a nut onto a bolt with a washer between them.
For dealing with clutch and swingarm pivot nuts the tools are very easily made out of the unused half-inch sockets often included in socket sets (9mm, 11mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 23mm, 25mm, 26mm and all the imperial junk) using an angle grinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts