Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guess I'm new to this forum looking for some help. Just bought my first bike and it's a Cbr f4i. Had it for 3 months and never got to ride it. First changed oil fluids battery and plugs. Starts and shuts off came to realize the idle knob was not connected. Search all over the Internet how to take out carbs and air box. Got air box out filter and all. Not i got 8 little screw I can't get out . How do I get them out I used every screw driver made. Screw are actually almost shripped. Is their away to connect it without taking out throttles? Please help me out can't wait to ride this bike thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey guess I'm new to this forum looking for some help. Just bought my first bike and it's a Cbr f4i. Had it for 3 months and never got to ride it. First changed oil fluids battery and plugs. Starts and shuts off came to realize the idle knob was not connected. Search all over the Internet how to take out carbs and air box. Got air box out filter and all. Not i got 8 little screw I can't get out . How do I get them out I used every screw driver made. Screw are actually almost shripped. Is their away to connect it without taking out throttles? Please help me out can't wait to ride this bike thanks

If it's an F4i then it doesn't have carbs, it has throttle bodies.
If you already have the airbox off then you should be able to thread the idle adjuster into the wax unit without removing the throttle bodies.
I'm not familiar with the screws but they're probably torx heads. I don't know how accessible they are but you might be able to drift them loose using a centre punch.
Which screws are they?

2001 Honda CBR600F4I OEM Air Cleaner ('01-'06) Parts | MotoSport

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts