Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
There should be a tube attached to that. My F3 had the same thing, and it was connected to a series of rubber tubes. It's part of the low speed air intake.

Most F3's didn't run very good without the low speed air tubing, so I'm assuming your 900rr likely won't run well at low RPMs unless you put a hose on it. Do you have a manual for your bike?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea, I checked the 900 manual, it should have a short tube which connects it to the sub air cleaner. This air cleaner is a small black box, that should be bolted to the rear side of your airbox.

Here are some poor quality scans, but hopefully they will help:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah man. Thanks and no thanks. Thanks for the information, but no thanks for letting me know I need to get another part. :p

I really appreciate that. I knew there was something missing. I will probably have to get that sucker new. Thanks again FatBoy!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
No prob man. Where is Va are you?

You can get the parts from ronayers.com. Just search through the microfiche, under 900rr carb assembly, and you'll see the tube. You could probably just cut a piece of 3/8 or 1/2" tube and stick it on there and be fine without the sub air cleaner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in VA beach? What part are you from?

Yeah I just checked there. The actual part isn't that much, I just don't know how important it is to have it on there. I bought this bike knowing it was a project. I don't wanna half ass it, but if that isn't going to cause it to run bad, then I may just cap it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
RVA.

It may not cause it to run bad, but it might. A bunch of guys on cbrforum had removed all the sub-air hoses, and noticed it hurt their performance (on F3's) down low. Simply putting the hoses back on fixed it. So, try it out, it may fun great as is. But if not, try sticking a ~1ft hose on that piece, just to see what happens.

My F3 was missing roughly half the hoses, and ran just great. So who knows

1 - 7 of 7 Posts