Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I'm looking into putting a riser/handlebar kit onto my 1995 CBR 900rr (sc28)

I've narrowed the choices down to CnC Topyokes kit:

Fix the Painful Riding Position: : CBR 900 RR : Honda : Shop

and the LSL superbike kit

Spiegler Performance Parts - Handlebar Conversion Kit

My question is about whether or not I will have to cut my windscreen or fairing in order to use either of these products. That is a deal breaker for me as I want to keep the bike as intact as possible. Does anybody know if this is the case?

Anybody have any suggestions as to how i can put a set of renthals or something similar onto this bike without ruining my fairing/windscreen?

Any and all help would be EXTREMELY appreciated from me. I've used the search function ad nauseum and cannot find a solution.

Thanks!

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,042 Posts
Carl, I'm not familiar with those kits but I believe they are suited more towards the 929 and 954. Those models don't have the top fairing stay that holds the mirrors and connects to the frame as ours do. I think that, along with where the fairing is would not allow that to work on the older 900's. The LSL didn't have a pic.

You could contact Heli-bars and look for clip on risers, don't know if they're still in business, but they had a quality product back in the day and could provide a better riding position.

The 900 on the far side has them, the middle one is stock, and the closest one was mine with race clip ons on. No clearance issues with the Heli-bars.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian. I got an email from CNC and unfortunately their product requires cutting the fairing.

The LSL people have not gotten back to me but they include a modified fairing stay in their kit so maybe it's possible that the fairing would not need to be cut. I'm Hoping.

I will send an email to the helibar people also to see what they would say.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts