Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, new problem, last night i was riding, i was doing about 60mph and hit a deep pot hole, almost lifted me off of the bike. I maintained control, but i lost something. My undertail is now touching the rear tire and the bike is extremely low. To be specific, the bike is so low now, i can't us the kick stand. What did i break? the bike still turns on and runs but i can't ride it with my undertail literally rubbing on the rear tire. Is this an expensive fix? or did i just break a shock or bracket somewhere?

help!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Take the side tail fairings off and see if you snaped the sub frame. This is only welded on not bolted. if that is fine then i would thing you rear shock has gone. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm looking at it right now as we speak. Directly under the front chain sprocket is cracked. The part that holds the kick stand together is no longer connected to it. So im assuming it's a part of the subframe. This is horrible, how much will this cost to fix?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
here are some pics
Wow!
It looks like you've broken the shock mount off the engine.
You'll have to show it to a good welder and see if he can fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OMG!!!
that really sux bad... I feel for you...

It's a shame to see that it doesn't matter where you live in the world, our tax money doesn't go to fixing roads. lol

naz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i'm extremely pissed. At least its getting cold anyway so i was going to start to winterize it and get it ready for next spring cosmetically. But damn, i didn't expect this. Damn New York City streets. Am i going to miss out on anything major in the 13 colonies before November?:mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it fixed guys. found a welder. Too bad he welded the shock mount and gave my bike back with an oil leak. I think he changed the oil and didn't change the screw and washer, because its leaking from the plug. SMH. anyway thanks for all your help on it this topic, next question, how do i make this thing super faster?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I got it fixed guys. found a welder. Too bad he welded the shock mount and gave my bike back with an oil leak. I think he changed the oil and didn't change the screw and washer, because its leaking from the plug. SMH. anyway thanks for all your help on it this topic, next question, how do i make this thing super faster?

Why would a welder change your oil?
Are you sure that's where the leak is?
Being the lowest point of the engine, the leak could be anywhere above it.
Turbo is your only option for super faster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, i'm pretty sure that's where the leak is. I cleaned it off and waited for it to leak again to make sure. I'm not sure why he changed my oil, it seemed suspicious to me. Actually he didn't even change it, he just drained it, then i put new oil and a filter in. I'm wondering what his reasoning was

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yes, i'm pretty sure that's where the leak is. I cleaned it off and waited for it to leak again to make sure. I'm not sure why he changed my oil, it seemed suspicious to me. Actually he didn't even change it, he just drained it, then i put new oil and a filter in. I'm wondering what his reasoning was

That makes more sense.
There may have been oil seeping through the metal which would've affected the weld.
If it's leaking get a new crush washer for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts