Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Princess' sister-in-law popped her toenail almost all the way off. She cut it the rest of the way off quick, before it started hurting. Dunno about it being half way off though.

Looking at that pic, I would think you would just want to remove the piece that's bent up with some sterilized clippers or something, and use peroxide/neosporin on it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My wife a nurse looked at the pic and said.... cut the nail off but do not cut all the way down by the break, just above.

Make sure you keep the area clean, it is not cut, but is a more exposed area, use hydrogen peroxide and some neosporin to keep germs out of the area.

·
Registered
690 Posts
She also said, if you are going to wear a shoe or socks, do not.... just put that in the sock or shoe.

Wrap in a sterile gauze pad and tape with it treated with neosporin. Because that is a tender and moist area and will stick to fabric....

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
A little honda polish, that should buff right out:rotfl: I've doen the same thing :crying:berfore. Cut most of the excess off, it will just get in the way. Then keep it clean and covered untill it scabs over.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Good gawd DWC - what a bully you are! Why did you you drop a chair on your friend's foot? Haha. Was it one of those heavy-ass recliners? :p J/K of course. Niner, that looks painful, to say the least. Sounds like you have been given good advice though. Heal quickly!!

Man, that is gross... :rant:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Acctually it was a big chair, like a recliner that doesnt recline. I was holding it one one side and he on the other, when his girl saw a spider and he dropped his end to go take care of it and me keeping my end up, caused the foot of the chair to swing down jacking my toe up through my tennis shoes. What really sucks is that usually I wear boots, but I was planning to go to the gym tonight so I wore the sneakers.

Oh well, I just cut the excess off and its feeling better... Can anyone here call in an order for some good pain killers? That would be swell...
Chris

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
:freebird: on the gore pics...:rotfl:

Get thee to a doc soon...I had one of these from dropping some bar stock on my toe once, and it grew back funky getting massively ingrown...took some minor surgery to correct it...:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts