Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Anyone have recommendations for the best mods to get more power from my 929? I have a Jardine slip on now but otherwise it's stock. I'd appreciate any advice!!

Thanks,
Derek

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
TRACK TIME will gain you the most improvement.
Full race system with PC3 and custom mapping.
954 throttle bodies.
Aftermarket cams.
Magnesium or carbon wheels.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yeah, what he said. becoming a better rider will make you faster though. having a faster bike will make you more reckless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are true about a faster bike will make you more reckless but I'm looking for more power, mash the throttle at slower speeds an have the power to almost break the rear wheel loose. It seems that a power commander is the most common response so thats a start.

Happy riding!
Derek

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm looking for more power, mash the throttle at slower speeds an have the power to almost break the rear wheel loose. It seems that a power commander is the most common response so thats a start.
You want a turbo then.
A Power Commander doesn't give you any power.
It allows you to tune for engine mods.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I guess that is an option. I still need the bike to be dependable on long road trips so I guess a few common mods will have to do. I suppose if it was that powerful I would get myself into a lot of trouble, I need my license! I can always ride my dirt bike when I want that monster power.

Thanks for the advise! I Just youtubed 929rr turbo:)

~Derek

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
You have a 140hp dirt bike?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Really what are you riding on the street that your dirtbike is your monster power. Maybe a honda 125.:idunno:

Change your gears go one down in the front and two up in the rear. This will not give you any horsepower but you will get into the rev's faster thus letting you apply your higher horsepower sooner.

·
Registered
258 Posts
-1 front & +2 rear sprockets(520 kit it you wanna)
full exhaust(your choice)
powercommander(serial port is the cheapest, usb is the easiest to use)
bmc race filter
factory pro velocity stacks(some say they work, some say they dont, most dont know)
hard racing ram air tubes ( you wont find them but they use to exist)
CBR929RR / CBR954RR Information
erion racing makes a few engine componets such as light weight pistons in standard 74mm or 954 75mm bore at $989.00 a set
titanium valves for intake and exhaust at
$129.00 each for the intake and $134.00 each for the exhaust ones(you'll need 8 of each)
drop in cam from CRANE at $695.00
Erion Racing - Products (Exhaust Systems)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ti valves let you run lighter springs which is their real advantage so add springs and retainers to that if you want to see any power improvement.
Certainly not worth the bang-to-buck expense unless you have a heavily worked engine.
Do Erion list their piston weights?
The 954 OEM pistons are _very_ light already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, no, my dirt bike does not have 140hp and no, it's certainly is not a 125! That's just funny. Besides my 929, I also ride a CR500 ([email protected]) and a YZ450F, not trying to comparing the dirt bikes to street machines here though.

Hey, everyone has been awesome about comments and making helpful recommendations. I'm new to this site but not new to riding. I've grown up riding big bikes and absolutely love my 929! I look forward to trying some new ideas to make the bike feel different.

Thanks again!
Derek

1 - 13 of 13 Posts