Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am a starving student, and I will be needing tires soon. (929)
Anyway, most of my riding is commuting, although we have some rough roads and so nasty cement hwy that I ride on frequently so I want something that is sticky, yet durable.

My factory 010's lasted about 8k and I have managed to pull about 4k off my Dragons that were almost dead at 2.2k. I think I managed that because I racked on the latter of the miles in cool weather.

Anyway, money is tight so any advice would be nice.
I was wondering about some of the more tame version of the sport tires that are usually found on XX's and VFR's.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
BT020s

·
Registered
21 Posts
B020
D205 or D220
Michelin Macadams 100X

I had the 100X on my VTR1000, good tires and will last as long as the B020.

I will get B020 for my 929 hwen I need tires!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Jay : I will have to look into them.
I really miss my old BT56's, they stuck well and lasted a good amount of time (FACTORY RR tires)
Yeah man.. I had BT56's on my FZR600 and F2. I really liked them, and much better than the D204 and D207's I replaced them with so much I but the 56's back on the next time around.

Low tech tire maybe but I had not chicken strips and the bikes never felt out of sorts (those DunRocks ever did work well for me).

I'm a huge Bridgestone fan. Put them on the Blade after the Pilots went wonky and also put them on the Duc just a week ago.

I've always run the 010's but those that I know who have run the 020's generaly liked them as well.

YMMV.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I cupped a BT020 front tire on my 929 in about 2400 miles. I checked those pressures religiously!

BT010 front, BT020 rear is a fave too...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont know about putting lesser tire on the 929 gotta stick with what the bike was made for .As for tires stick with the 010s or move up to the 012s from brigdestone .Get them delivered for $ 205 total from http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ look up' BT012 ' for the set. Just ordered another set the other day ,Got 3 track days and 4k miles out of em ,Probably would last about 6 k in didnt use em on track.Just be sure you keep the correct pressure in them .thats what kills tires the quickest.
Ed

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ConqSoft : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ June 30 2003, 10:42pm)BT020s
Yep.  I've got a set of those waiting for me at the shop.  Just gotta get my wheels off and take them in.
I think this is my next set of tires (and I'm going to need them soon - 3,400 miles on the stockers, fwiw).

Can you guys tell me where the best place is to purchase the BT020s online? (Price, availability, shipping, etc.)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ConqSoft : I've got about 100 miles on my new BT020's so far.  Like em a lot.  I'd forgotten how well the bike turns with new tires.  (And the BT020's seem to have a much different profile than the stock D205's.)
Yeah yeah yeah, that's all well and good Conq. Now where the hell did you buy them at!?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Chain,
Although I'm not looking for Bridgestones I found this site (it's even one of the org sponsors) and they seem to have good prices.
Tires

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Chain : Quote (ConqSoft @ July 19 2003, 10:46pm)I've got about 100 miles on my new BT020's so far.  Like em a lot.  I'd forgotten how well the bike turns with new tires.  (And the BT020's seem to have a much different profile than the stock D205's.)
Yeah yeah yeah, that's all well and good Conq. Now where the hell did you buy them at!?

My local dealer.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Buy the new colored tires

J/K, best deal on Bridgestones, when I used them, was Chapparal. If they didn't have them, I'd get Dennis Kirk to match price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just had to change tires at the track yesterday and went with Pirelly Diablo Corsas--very nice, but probably not a price point tire.

The stock Bridgstone 012s were also very nice.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Anybody running 180s on their blades? I can't believe how much more they get for the 190s! I have been running M1 Sportecs and love the compliance and smooth turn in. That tire was for my VFR though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts