Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So i've had the 2000 929 since its been new, so 8 years now. I havent riden it that much in the past few years. The gas has sat for a while etc... I have recently swaped out the gas tank, and added a K&N air filter., have just had the tail light intergrator put in after riding around for a while with no blinkers! Anyway, Just wanted to give some background about my current problem(s). I have the FI light on and two series of blinks that are happening. It blinks 3 slow then 5 fast. I have the repair manual and there are no 3 & 5 on the chart! I took it to a local shop and they said that the ECM bad. The bike seems to be running very poorly, you can hear it, it kind of sounds like a quad..... not sure if the air filter would cause this? Not sure if I need a Power Commander to re map?
The second thing is that the battery is overcharging while i go an a ride. When I come to a stop after say 15miles the battery is whistling. The shop checked that out and said that its the Regulator Rectifier. But they checked the charging system and said that the bike is putting out the correct ammount of power? So, is the bike just not regulating the correct voltage to the battery, is that what the regulator does? I need to buy both parts and would also like to buy a full exaust, power comander, & dampner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts