Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in utah and bought a power comander v for my bike after installing it my bijr would not start i switched it back to stock and it fired right up. I rode it 3 blocks to the neighbor hood bar where it sat for a few hours. When i tried to leave the thing would not start. I thougjt it might be the fuel pump so i replaced it. Still no starting. I ended up renting a uhaul and got it back to cali. Took it to honda and was informed yhat i had bo conpression. About 50% in all four cylinders. I was blowen away i just purchased the bike in sept and it only had 9k miles on it and was in imaculate condition or so i thought. Anyway after weighing out my options i bought a used motor for it. I wanted to rebuild bigget and bader but it would of cost me about 5k to do that and thats me doing all the labor. So i get the engine in and all hooked up and now it wont start. I have got it to start with starting fluid but it wont stay running. I am grting fuel on the fuel rails, plugs are good and no mil messages. And now its in. Error mode. The battary is brand new but when i turn it over its like its dead. Evan though i have 13
Volts on it. I have been at it now for a week and am about to throw the thing off the lift. I have downloaded the 07 service manual and it helps but its not the same as having a book in front of you. Any help and advice would be greatly apriciated#!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finnaly figured it out. It waa a fault rubber garmet in the fuel pump. Evan though i had fuel going to the fuel rail i did'nt have the 50 psi needed. What a pain in the ass this has been. Honda couldnt evan figure it out. They told me i needed a total engine rebuild. So i went and got a new engine and it still would'nt start. It was a 9$ part. Oh and honda also told me they don't sell individual componets for the fuel pump wich is totsl bullshit. I got the part through revzilla. Honda said i had to buy the whole fuel pump at a cost of 470$. I used to put my trust in my local honda and have spent alot of money there. No more. They'll fuck you if you allow them too. Roseville honda near sac ca. Thanx for everyones input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts